• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheer up Warty they will be automating hairdressing soon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Feel free to point out where I said paying in cash wasn't morally wrong? I'm pretty sure I said I pay an invoice ... I didn't specifically say i always pay by bank transfer, but I do, I never pay cash. That's for builders, plumbers ... any trade (apart from hand car wash).

But keep digging mate.

And feel free to answer when you worked in hospitality as you dodged that question earlier. As you use this as your argument quite a lot, it would be useful to know which decade your anecdotes come from.
    You told me I was deluded and it never happened that tradesmen ask for cash then accused me of making up such behaviour because of racism and reading the wail. You are the one obviously in the hole.

I pointed out the Treasury minister and our former Prime minister had discussed it at a high level.

I ignored not dodged the question but as you seem excited about it I actually worked in Hospitality in the 80s, my Daughters in the 2010's and family & friends work in it currently or since the 80s. So my anecdotes are actually bang up to date.

But lets defer to the experts rather than you making up more unadulterated rubbish and making yourself look stupid.

https://www.bdo.co.uk/en-gb/news/201...-more-tempting

According to BDO, restaurants and takeaways make up 26% (200 of 775)* of businesses ‘named and shamed’ by HMRC as ‘deliberate tax defaulters’ since they began publishing the list in December 2017.
    https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/...pos-fraudsters

HMRC targets hospitality EPoS fraudsters

16-Jun-2022 By Gary Lloyd

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has targeted users of ‘Electronic Sales Suppression’ as it bid to use its new powers on this form of tax evasion.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Why would a woman join a car-owner's club at all, they aren't that daft
      I imagine getting a bit of warty action is not high on their priorities despite what he constantly claims.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I imagine getting a bit of warty action is not high on their priorities despite what he constantly claims.
        Probably a good place to pick up a sugar daddy if you don't have to own a fancy car to join.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

But neither have you
          Surely cars are a personal taste. If we all liked the same thing life would be pretty dull. I love the car. Everyone who has commented on it loves it. I'm sure many people also hate it. That's ok, they don't have to like it, it's not their car.

To me it's sleek, fast, lovely to drive, perfect with the top off, great stereo, and blondes love to sit in the passenger seat and scream 'wooooooo, faster, faster' ....
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

There goes the jealousy again ... maybe lose 4 or 5 stone, scrub up a bit, wear some nice clothes, and you'll feel better about yourself. Your good lady Mrs V may appreciate the effort too.

Comment

Surely cars are a personal taste. If we all liked the same thing life would be pretty dull. I love the car. Everyone who has commented on it loves it. I'm sure many people also hate it. That's ok, they don't have to like it, it's not their car.
              Not on CUK

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The Turkish Barbers in Maidenhead is always full with about 10 customers a time paying £10 ish per 10 min cut, pretty much all cash.

Its staffed by guys from Eastern Europe, mostly very friendly.

Plenty of trades make more than we do and much of it the Tax man never sees.

What always pi###d me off. When I was a ltd contractor people claiming I was not paying my fair share of tax. I always declared everything . Big clients do not pay cash.

My mum used to work in catering mostly festivals(semi retired job). She started moaning that some festivals were going cashless. You can see why the traders hated it.

As for the self employed getting a bloody grant during covid and still being able to work..

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Not on CUK
                  In real life ... you lot don't count I'm afraid as I don't value your opinion or taste.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post

What always pi###d me off. When I was a ltd contractor people claiming I was not paying my fair share of tax. I always declared everything . Big clients do not pay cash.

My mum used to work in catering mostly festivals(semi retired job). She started moaning that some festivals were going cashless. You can see why the traders hated it.

As for the self employed getting a bloody grant during covid and still being able to work..
                    Apparently you are deluded the hidden economy is a fantasy according to our resident studmuffin! This point was raised repeatedly with the duck feckers but lost in their accusations of evoidance.

Yep brought you by His Majesties random collecters (other words starting with C available). Obvious to anyone with half a brain that taking an average going back 3-5 years and totals going forward 3-5 years would fix most abuse. But hey the experts were involved.

Comment

There goes the jealousy again ... maybe lose 4 or 5 stone, scrub up a bit, wear some nice clothes, and you'll feel better about yourself. Your good lady Mrs V may appreciate the effort too.
                      Its sarcasm.

nice I will repeat your wise words! I have clearly won so personal attacks are valid.

In real life ... you don't count as I don't value your opinion or taste.

Comment

Working...
                      X