• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Monday Links from the Gap Between Teams Meetings vol. DCLIV"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Solved philosophy - kill count=50

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Oh no! A trolley is heading towards 5 people who tied themselves to the track. You can pull the lever to divert it to the other track, killing 1 person who accidentally tripped onto the track instead. What do you do?
    left it and 88% agree I think the Police should be told so they can follow the will of the public!

The Lobsters got it as well

such a lot of fun!
    Last edited by vetran; 18 July 2022, 16:28.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

How many people on/in the trolley that would be killed / maimed as a result?
    So does this mean we also have to take passengers into account, the resulting mental anguish and PTSD lawsuits from the option we choose?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

I didn't think of that

Click image for larger version

Name:	size7-16450088100355-241-jjjjjjj.png
Views:	36
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	4226330

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    The correct solution would be to pull the lever just after the first set of wheels went over the points thus derailing the trolley.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    The correct solution would be to pull the lever just after the first set of wheels went over the points thus derailing the trolley.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    82 dead, and none of them were me. Is it too late to apply for the PMs job?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    65 dead. Although I think most of them were me.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The one about the 5 people who tied themselves to the lines was quite informative.
    It's the will of the people.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    What I don't understand is that after killing myself in level 4, I'm still playing the game. How does that work?

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied

Well I solved philosophy and only killed 70 people in the process.
    72. But I saved the Lobsters and splatted the cat.

qh

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I noticed everyone was doing (generally) the right thing at the beginning but the morals started slipping when their friends and relatives started appearing
    What IS the right thing?
    The one about the 5 people who tied themselves to the lines was quite informative. Maybe swayed by the recent insulate britain idiots.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I got bored, do you get a score at the end or a report you can show people?

There are some weird results in there but also fairly obviously a lot of people clearly mucking about (the Amazon parcel one).
    I noticed everyone was doing (generally) the right thing at the beginning but the morals started slipping when their friends and relatives started appearing

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied

I only managed to kill 64.... which surprised me since some of my choices seemed out of sync with the popular options.

Twas amusing though

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

I got bored, do you get a score at the end or a report you can show people?

There are some weird results in there but also fairly obviously a lot of people clearly mucking about (the Amazon parcel one).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X