• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Beer Starmer majority over piece of cake Bojo"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

So I blame the lot of you!
    I didn't know you when you were a young man and I'm sure I've never met you to identify you.

I just realised I can't use real life now due to loads of meetings being virtual.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Once you get to puberty your peers are a stronger influence on you than your parents.
    So I blame the lot of you!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

The company I keep obviously!
    Once you get to puberty your peers are a stronger influence on you than your parents.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So if your parents aren't to blame, who are?
    The company I keep obviously!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I was lucky to have decent hard working parents that loved and supported us
    So if your parents aren't to blame, who are?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Unfortunately success doesn't mean you didn't mess them up .... I'm not saying you did, just that the the 2 don't correlate. I'm very successful, a BSc, MBA, ACMA, millionaire (yes, really), a very successful and happy 25 year marriage ...... on paper all perfect, but my childhood was an absolute hell and what I have today is due to my hard work and resilience and support of friends. I haven't even seen my Dad since I was 24 (Rachel never even met him) .... maybe it was him threatening to kill us with a knife, on more than one occasion, and the beatings .... but I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with my success.

Anyway ..... none of your posts are worth anything without a link to the Wail
    Isn't everyone on here a millionaire? well at least down south with mid terraced houses fetching most of that?

I was lucky to have decent hard working parents that loved and supported us (and I most definitely mean that because my best friend in my teens his mother was an alcoholic, his brother disabled and his sister a drug addicted working girl, his father though was a thoroughly good man) . Our kids were healthy (again friends were less lucky) and overall I have been fortunate worked hard and built a good life for my family.

So sorry to hear about your father that must have been devastating, there are some truly bad people out there.

as you requested, have a banana

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...etter-day.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	3495EF3D00000578-3607942-What_the_One_mother_was_told_chocolate_dipped_bananas_were_not_a-a-160_1464164397339.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	4216610

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    What has success got to do with being screwed up? Many of the most successful people are very screwed up.
    and many aren't.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Many of the most successful people are very screwed up.
    Are you daring to imply that successful people like Boris Johnson, Doug Barrowman, Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin, Paul Dacre, Rupert Murdoch and Jacob Rees-Mogg are ever so slightly screwed up?

Inconceivable!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Yep the two eldest at respectable UNIs doing proper medical subjects. One racing at national level the other heavily involved in St John yep what a crap job we did.

Neither to the best of my knowledge break the law or expect others to subsidise them just like their parents & grandparents.

Unfortunately success doesn't mean you didn't mess them up .... I'm not saying you did, just that the the 2 don't correlate. I'm very successful, a BSc, MBA, ACMA, millionaire (yes, really), a very successful and happy 25 year marriage ...... on paper all perfect, but my childhood was an absolute hell and what I have today is due to my hard work and resilience and support of friends. I haven't even seen my Dad since I was 24 (Rachel never even met him) .... maybe it was him threatening to kill us with a knife, on more than one occasion, and the beatings .... but I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with my success.

Anyway ..... none of your posts are worth anything without a link to the Wail

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Yep the two eldest at respectable UNIs doing proper medical subjects. One racing at national level the other heavily involved in St John yep what a crap job we did.

Neither to the best of my knowledge break the law or expect others to subsidise them just like their parents & grandparents.
    What has success got to do with being screwed up? Many of the most successful people are very screwed up.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If you don't think your parents were a bit screwed up, ask your children about theirs...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    If you don't think your parents were a bit screwed up, ask your children about theirs...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Not my experience.
    Just because you aren't aware of it doesn't mean it's not true.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Most people do though really.
    Not my experience.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I was reading a Telegraph article where she was compared to B Johnson. They both come from families with screwed up parents.
    "They **** you up, your mum and dad."
    Phillip Larkin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X