• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is she coming home?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I didn't mention Iran. Are you saying you didn't praise extremist Islamic nations' attitude to crime?
    You know Islam is the second most popular religion with nearly 2 billion adherents the most popular Christianity has 2.3 billion followers.

There are plenty of countries that fight crime better than we do (same with cancer etc), some are Islamic some are Christian some I don't want to live in. Praising one part of a society doesn't mean I approve of the whole.

For instance I'm a big fan of the sense of community service in some religions but I'm an Atheist so no I don't approve the whole religion I just help with the community service side.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

? do show a link where I praised Iran.
    I didn't mention Iran. Are you saying you didn't praise extremist Islamic nations' attitude to crime?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Only last week you were telling us how great those sort of countries were, the way they treated crime.
    ? do show a link where I praised Iran.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    We should all be grateful we don't live in Iran.
    Only last week you were telling us how great those sort of countries were, the way they treated crime.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    If the money should have been paid we should have done it decades ago. Linking it to her release is a political mistake.

She is innocent of criminality so any normal person would support her return.

We should all be grateful we don't live in Iran.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Apparently right wingers and B****ters want to send her back, good analysis of the Twattosphere here: https://twitter.com/marcowenjones/st...10844190859265
    Rolled up version here.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...190859265.html

And as Darmstadt says. Strong correlation between Conservative / Pro-Brexit / Anti-EU / Anti-Woke positions and misogynist attacks and insults against her.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Apparently right wingers and B****ters want to send her back, good analysis of the Twattosphere here: https://twitter.com/marcowenjones/st...10844190859265

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Apparently it is around £380 million as the UK did deliver some tanks.

hopefully with ear muffs!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Well - £400 million quid now.
    Apparently it is around £380 million as the UK did deliver some tanks.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

If there are any, they're almost certainly career criminals anyway. So it would be an occupational hazard, and their lookout.
    You need to learn about the US "justice" system.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    They don't mind jail, it doesn't bother them, they thrive in there. It's barely even a punishment.
    Tell that to all those who've been locked up and sat on death row for years who, it turned out, were innocent of any crime. Or their families if innocence wasn't discovered until too late. Oh, they were having a whale of time, I'm sure.

If there are any
    There are many well documented accounts.

Going down the scale, we have:

Ignorant
    Pig Ignorant
    Jayn200/Owlhoot

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Apparently it was £400m for tanks which Iran ordered and paid for, prior to the Islamic Revolution, which was never fulfilled.

https://news.sky.com/story/nazanin-z...eedom-12566882

If there are any, they're almost certainly career criminals anyway. So it would be an occupational hazard, and their lookout.
    Cameron Todd Willingham executed. Charged Triple-homicide and arson. He was a father wrongly accused of arson. He had no criminal record. The evidence against him was a bodged report from the fire brigade.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Notwithstanding that a number of people executed have later been found innocent. No doubt the execution of the innocent is a price worth paying with the exception of if it's your own son or daughter who is wrongly convicted.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post

So weird to me to be against a country (USA) executing serial killers... you should spend some time looking up the people who got executed, these are not political prisoners, they're the worst of the worst, they've mostly killed multiple people, quite often defenseless women and children.

... and no sitting in prison is not punishment enough, doesn't even come close to the terror they unleashed on their victims and their families. There is a reason they all fight as hard as they can to avoid their execution... because no matter how evil and messed up they are they don't want to die.. and that's precisely why they should. They don't mind jail, it doesn't bother them, they thrive in there. It's barely even a punishment.
    Notwithstanding that a number of people executed have later been found innocent. No doubt the execution of the innocent is a price worth paying with the exception of if it's your own son or daughter who is wrongly convicted.

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    excellent stuff. I was reminded this morning how lucky we are to live in the UK, someone was pointing out very few countries we go to for energy have even vaguely good human rights issues. Iraq, Iran, Saudi , China and even the US still execute people on a regular basis we should have moved away from dependency on them decades ago.
    So weird to me to be against a country (USA) executing serial killers... you should spend some time looking up the people who got executed, these are not political prisoners, they're the worst of the worst, they've mostly killed multiple people, quite often defenseless women and children.

... and no sitting in prison is not punishment enough, doesn't even come close to the terror they unleashed on their victims and their families. There is a reason they all fight as hard as they can to avoid their execution... because no matter how evil and messed up they are they don't want to die.. and that's precisely why they should. They don't mind jail, it doesn't bother them, they thrive in there. It's barely even a punishment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X