• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "International Womens Day"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

According to Jess Phillips we don't need one.
    Apologies for the pay wall but you'll get the gist of the article...
    Maybe Jess Phillips should have googled the 6 pillars of International Mens Day. One of them is to improve gender relations and promote gender equality.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post

Apparently there isn't one. Because one day is not enough time to showcase men's great achievements
    According to Jess Phillips we don't need one.
    Apologies for the pay wall but you'll get the gist of the article...

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    When's International Men's Day?
    Apparently there isn't one. Because one day is not enough time to showcase men's great achievements

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It isn't a hate crime if it is on a cis-male.
    Is that why you had the operation?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

It's not the skin-tight clothing she dislikes, it's a large erection. Which is an involuntary bodily function and calling it offensive must be a hate crime.
    It isn't a hate crime if it is on a cis-male.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Apparently there is a twtter handle - @PayGapApp - that checks the gender pay gap and has pulled up a number of companies/organisations that tweeted about IWD, yet they have a 30-40% pay imbalance in favour of men.

Cue lots of quickly deleted or altered tweets.

qh

Anybody checked out Bet365?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

So if female displaying the exact shape of their genitalia by wearing skin conforming material is empowering and shows wimmin power yet males must hide theirs away because its offensive. I see the equality NOW.
    It's not the skin-tight clothing she dislikes, it's a large erection. Which is an involuntary bodily function and calling it offensive must be a hate crime.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Yes because that is offensive.

Simply walking or running around around with a prominent lunch box isn't a crime. \However that's why male runners/cyclists wear baggy shorts over their tights/leggings.
    And that's why one doesn't often see nude ballet dancers!

As choreographer Frederick Ashton pointed out "The problem with nude ballet dancing is that when the dancers stop, not all of them stops at the same time!"

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Apparently there is a twtter handle - @PayGapApp - that checks the gender pay gap and has pulled up a number of companies/organisations that tweeted about IWD, yet they have a 30-40% pay imbalance in favour of men.

Cue lots of quickly deleted or altered tweets.

qh

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

So if female displaying the exact shape of their genitalia by wearing skin conforming material is empowering and shows wimmin power yet males must hide theirs away because its offensive. I see the equality NOW.
    The men in leggings/tights don't have to hide they just choose to.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Yes because that is offensive.

Simply walking or running around around with a prominent lunch box isn't a crime. However that's why male runners/cyclists wear baggy shorts over their tights/leggings.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

If you put writing on your bum (or anywhere) then it's a bit daft to complain people are reading it. Likewise if you wear a very revealing outfit, getting angry about people looking at you. And no, I'm not arguing the "it's her fault she get's groped/cat-called/etc" there's a difference between looking and acting.

But don't worry, nobody can see your tiny bulge.
    Yep I'm sure you are a bigger dick than me!

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I acknowledge that women and men* are different from things you might find crawling under a rock.

* Most men.

Ah, stop your unsubtle trolling. Don't you know there's a war on? You could be put up against a wall and shot for bringing down morale. Go and have a shandy. It'll make you feel better.

JK Rowling suggests that Labour would like to rename it: "We Who Must Not Be Named Day".
    I was merely asking the forum's "Instant Expert - Just add boiling water" what it was that she felt was an inequality that needed to be addressed that hasn't been already addressed.

As for bringing down morale, you should look a little closer to home.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

So having a boner is offensive even if it's covered up? Or were you talking about CT?
    Well this is the CPS guidance - https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...cases-naturism

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Some of the "natural beauty of a human body" stuff you can't display in public as it is regarded as offensive and you get locked up. Just ask the naked rambler. (I think he is no longer busy looking after his mother. )
    So having a boner is offensive even if it's covered up? Or were you talking about CT?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X