• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: No more Dick

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No more Dick"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    So Khan told Dick to sack all the Charing Cross officers and she resigned instead.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Accept no substitutes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	58540.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	4204904

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Let the fighting begin -
    https://news.sky.com/story/cressida-...-khan-12541947

Where have the grown ups gone?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    He didn't like that the staff on the force were racist, homophobic, sexist but was fine that they gave thieves and murderers a cup of tea and a hug.
    Let the fighting begin -
    https://news.sky.com/story/cressida-...-khan-12541947

Accusing politicians of using "policing and the career of the country's most senior police leader to deflect from their own failings", Mr Marsh said: "This is not a move we take lightly.
    Where have the grown ups gone?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    He didn't like that the staff on the force were racist, homophobic, sexist but was fine that they gave thieves and murderers a cup of tea and a hug.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    From what the rumours are, it was Khan who suggested that the Met should concentrate more on LGBT+ issues and the like. I think she was more inclined to tackle the the more traditional role of nicking criminals.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Reminds me of the parody that Rory Bremner did of Tony Blair adapting the US president's speech to fit the UK, replacing Brown with Chaney.

"If anything happens to me, people need to know that Dick will replace me". Became "If anything happens to me, people need to know that dick, will replace me".

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Well most of the criminals in London are from abroad so it makes sense</BR14>

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Apparently Red anti-Semitic Ken Livingston was looking outside the UK for the head of the Met.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They will last long then.....

They probably need to look outside London or abroad.
    What they need is another Robert Mark, back in the 70s, who transformed the Met from the Sweeney model to the Line of Duty one. Since the high level policemen forming the likely candidates date from the late 90s or thereabouts and have come up from graduate intake with not a lot of practical policing, I don't think they'll have any Robert Marks to choose from. Looking outside, so Oz or Canada would be sensible options, will probably be the best bet if they want to reform the culture.

Then again, over the last 15 years they have instigated a lot of reforms. That's why protestors causing havoc get offered cups of tea and people trying to get past them for work get prosecuted, and why they protect their own even when that's putting the public at serious risk.

What they ought to try is to keep a purely political commissioner to look after the interaction with the government (local and national) and finances, and have a proper copper in charge of operations. What they can't do is repeat what has already been tried.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Currently the two front runners appear to be her two deputies...
    They will last long then.....

Let's hope some sense applies and they go looking for a policeman. The emphasis has to be a return to policing values rather than socio-political ones!
    They probably need to look outside London or abroad.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Currently the two front runners appear to be her two deputies...

Let's hope some sense applies and they go looking for a policeman. The emphasis has to be a return to policing values rather than socio-political ones!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Public disgust as Khan forces Dick out

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Is The Met going to get a new Dick Head?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Ermm....

You may have noticed that he will have expert help in that task. Apparently she's an ex-Commissioner of the Met who is at a loose end and who said three hours before announcing her retirement, and after the meeting where she was told that Kahn was not her greatest fan, that she is not retiring...

And that it will be a political appointment, not a policing one...

You may even get Hogan-Howe back again as a result.
    Sadly I know, maybe we can hire a drug dealer to do it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X