• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lying to parliament a resigning matter!"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Sue Gray's report has already been released!

Click image for larger version Name:	pantsonfire.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	4202035
    She is currently working with lawyers to ensure the government can't retract parts.

I wonder if it will be published over night?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Some need to distinguish between offering advice and taking the mickey out of our more extreme members....

We're not taking the mickey out of you!
    And no, we don't believe everything we read that you write.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Obviously. You've been collecting them for years on these boards
    Some need to distinguish between offering advice and taking the mickey out of our more extreme members....

Or do you believe everything you read?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    10 PRINT “Wait for the report.”
    20 PAUSE 86.4*10^3
    30 GOTO 10
    Sue Gray's report has already been released!

Click image for larger version  Name:	pantsonfire.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	4202035

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    10 PRINT “Wait for the report.”
    20 PAUSE 86.4*10^3
    30 GOTO 10

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied

Like I said, I have a quantity of straws available.
    Obviously. You've been collecting them for years on these boards

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So clearly shouldn't have been brought along to hang out with his work colleagues under the rules, even if that's a bit ridiculous - we all know there were many corner cases where the rules were kind of daft, and I'm sure many of us followed the spirit of the rules rather than the letter in those cases, but while it's very easy to see how "we're having cake come along while you're here" could happen in #10 just as in many other work settings it's still terrible PR.

Of course if this were the only breach then it would be just a small matter not worth much attention. It's more the icing on the cake(!) of all the other stuff that was more serious.
    Like I said, I have a quantity of straws available.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The interior designer was working on the PM's flat. Which is actually in No 11 and is actually government property.
    So clearly shouldn't have been brought along to hang out with his work colleagues under the rules, even if that's a bit ridiculous - we all know there were many corner cases where the rules were kind of daft, and I'm sure many of us followed the spirit of the rules rather than the letter in those cases, but while it's very easy to see how "we're having cake come along while you're here" could happen in #10 just as in many other work settings it's still terrible PR.

Of course if this were the only breach then it would be just a small matter not worth much attention. It's more the icing on the cake(!) of all the other stuff that was more serious.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

If they were all from one office.
    But not from multiple offices in different buildings, along with the wife of one, the interior designer, and who knows who else.
    Ever been inside No 10? It's a rabbit warren. A very large one. For one thing, there are at least three entrances on to Whitehall, and several Ministries have offices in the complex.

The interior designer was working on the PM's flat. Which is actually in No 11 and is actually government property.

I have a nice bale of straw if you want a few strands....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Somewhat from leftfield, this story about evacuating puppies seems to have come back. Boris categorically refuted the claim in an interview, which appears now to be demonstrably false.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60143279

Whether it was ever mentioned in parliament I have no idea. Lying to the media is not a resigning offence

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
    I was thinking .... if everyone in that party were fully vaccinated and also had booster shots, what was the harm ?
    It's nothing to do with the harm, it's to do with the rules.
    But in any case, none of the vaccinations prevent you transmitting Covid.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

It was while people in an office (as opposed to WFH) were outside the isolation rules, merely keeping to social distancing and similar measures for protection.

Which is a feeble excuse for No 10, but actually quite relevant...
    If they were all from one office.
    But not from multiple offices in different buildings, along with the wife of one, the interior designer, and who knows who else.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It was before the booster roll out.

It was before younger people could get fully vaccinated.
    It was while people in an office (as opposed to WFH) were outside the isolation rules, merely keeping to social distancing and similar measures for protection.

Which is a feeble excuse for No 10, but actually quite relevant...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
    I was thinking .... if everyone in that party were fully vaccinated and also had booster shots, what was the harm ?
    It was before the booster roll out.

It was before younger people could get fully vaccinated.

Leave a comment:

• Destiny2
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X