• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lying to parliament a resigning matter!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

And now they've decided they do. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60123850 - Dame Cressida Dick (does she?)
    Most likely outcome will be some post-dated enforcement orders. Those are the only rules in scope, after all. Or they may decide to discipline the local police, whose duties include advice and enforcement...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Yeah it's about fines not criminal charges. And this serves to delay's Grey's report - which Tory MPs have decided to wait on - so I'm not entirely sure this doesn't help Boris & Co? It's hardly like retroactive penalty fees of £50 for a few staffers is a huge deal when we already know they were there.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I was thinking .... if everyone in that party were fully vaccinated and also had booster shots, what was the harm ?

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
          I was thinking .... if everyone in that party were fully vaccinated and also had booster shots, what was the harm ?
          It was before the booster roll out.

It was before younger people could get fully vaccinated.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

It was before the booster roll out.

It was before younger people could get fully vaccinated.
            It was while people in an office (as opposed to WFH) were outside the isolation rules, merely keeping to social distancing and similar measures for protection.

Which is a feeble excuse for No 10, but actually quite relevant...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

It was while people in an office (as opposed to WFH) were outside the isolation rules, merely keeping to social distancing and similar measures for protection.

Which is a feeble excuse for No 10, but actually quite relevant...
              If they were all from one office.
              But not from multiple offices in different buildings, along with the wife of one, the interior designer, and who knows who else.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
                It's nothing to do with the harm, it's to do with the rules.
                But in any case, none of the vaccinations prevent you transmitting Covid.

Comment

Somewhat from leftfield, this story about evacuating puppies seems to have come back. Boris categorically refuted the claim in an interview, which appears now to be demonstrably false.
                  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60143279

Whether it was ever mentioned in parliament I have no idea. Lying to the media is not a resigning offence

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

If they were all from one office.
                    But not from multiple offices in different buildings, along with the wife of one, the interior designer, and who knows who else.
                    Ever been inside No 10? It's a rabbit warren. A very large one. For one thing, there are at least three entrances on to Whitehall, and several Ministries have offices in the complex.

The interior designer was working on the PM's flat. Which is actually in No 11 and is actually government property.

I have a nice bale of straw if you want a few strands....
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                      The interior designer was working on the PM's flat. Which is actually in No 11 and is actually government property.
                      So clearly shouldn't have been brought along to hang out with his work colleagues under the rules, even if that's a bit ridiculous - we all know there were many corner cases where the rules were kind of daft, and I'm sure many of us followed the spirit of the rules rather than the letter in those cases, but while it's very easy to see how "we're having cake come along while you're here" could happen in #10 just as in many other work settings it's still terrible PR.

Of course if this were the only breach then it would be just a small matter not worth much attention. It's more the icing on the cake(!) of all the other stuff that was more serious.

Comment

Working...
                      X