• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Want to end it all? You'll need to be vaccinated."

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's the customers who want to die, not the staff. The staff want to be protected from suicidal idiots who don't get vaccinated.
    But yes, I find it difficult to understand this proposition.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    This subject is a challenge domestically, really difficult, with the wife being a GP have to accept parts of her job conflict with my views.

When JRM said we know we cant stop it but it was morally indefeasible. Absolute respect. Didn't back down, totally clear. The church seems to have abdicated from presenting doctrine.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Jacob Rees Mogg going on TV and handing out "life is a sacrament" pills. Absolute respect for that.
    not quite that far on pro life but we have a way to go until Abortion is only for emergencies rather than as a primary form of contraception.

https://www.bpas.org/about-our-chari...contraception/

• Data released today by the British Pregnancy Advisory Service shows that a quarter of women who had an abortion at bpas clinics in 2016 were using either a method of hormonal contraception or a long acting reversible contraceptive method (LARC) when they presented
    • Over half (51.2%) were using at least one form of contraception
    Maybe changing contraception use would be an effective way to remove objections? Men wear a glove for love and ladies take the pill etc. before letting them in . If you aren't ready for babies then I recommend doing both!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Jacob Rees Mogg going on TV and handing out "life is a sacrament" pills. Absolute respect for that.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    That's because the views you think I think a Christian should have aren't the views I think a Christian should have.
    Our views aren't important, I find it sad you've wandered off.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

So, you have a kind of check list when you think people should be killed.

You're convincing me this is ethical.
    I know you being a thick twunt that this is hard for you to understand, but what part of "no one is killing anyone else" do you not understand?

This is about someone who knows that they are at end of life. All they have left is suffering, pain and indignity - they are dying and 'today' is their best day. Every day after today will be worse for them. So they are wanting to choose when they say goodbye to their loved ones, and can be released from the pain.

Like I say, let's hope you never have to watch someone you love slowly die in pain and suffering. The ethics is the person choosing their own path, without idiots like you thinking you know what's best for them.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

I honestly find it difficult reconciling your views on here with the views you think a Christian should have.
    That's because the views you think I think a Christian should have aren't the views I think a Christian should have.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Maybe educate yourself first on what happens before you start preaching. No one kills anyone else ... the person who is chronically ill and is at end of life and is suffering so much that they no longer want to suffer any further are choosing when their own suffering ends. They administer whatever the drug is themselves.

But hey, if you'd rather see your loved one continue to suffer, in pain and no dignity, when they know they have little time left anyway and they know that their time is already near, then crack on. Guilt them into staying around longer to appease you and watch them die a painful, horrible death.
    So, you have a kind of check list when you think people should be killed.

You're convincing me this is ethical.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

You seem to be the one angrily preaching. I have shared my opinion, unlike you I'm not making personal attacks making anyone who might think differently that they are idiots for being wrong.

If someone wants to stop taking their medication or remove themself from medical care, that is their choice. And I've already said I think the medical people go too far to preserve life when sometimes it would be best to let it go. But to repeat, anyone with sense can see there's a big difference between not keeping someone alive, and actively helping them die. I lean towards that being the line I draw, but I am happy to disagree.
    "I have shared my opinion"

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Thanks Captain Obvious

Bit like making sure the concentration camp workers are kept safe, really. Wouldn't want them catching something from the people they kill.
    ​​​​​​Jesus attacked a synagogue full of money changers and got nailed to a cross for it.

He didn't say "thanks captain obvious".

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    It's the customers who want to die, not the staff. The staff want to be protected from suicidal idiots who don't get vaccinated.
    I honestly find it difficult reconciling your views on here with the views you think a Christian should have.

I do not judge, but I find it difficult to imagine a person who has celebrated Christ to have the first consideration on this subject to be 'customers' and 'idiots'.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Sue The Sexist View Post
    I'm practicing using Gender to drive arguments when logic and reality fails.
    FTFY yep a lower opinion is harder to formulate..

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Couldn't you just call him a git? It'd be easier to spot then! :-)
    I'm practicing my online communication skills. This means I don't call people names.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

That was deliberate as the poster suggests everyone thinks in absolutes like him.
    Couldn't you just call him a git? It'd be easier to spot then! :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X