• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Want to end it all? You'll need to be vaccinated.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

That could be a viewed as an ad hominem argument. Rather than address the statement made, you address the identity of the person who said it.
    That was deliberate as the poster suggests everyone thinks in absolutes like him.

Plus I don't want to get into an abortion debate.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

That was deliberate as the poster suggests everyone thinks in absolutes like him.

Plus I don't want to get into an abortion debate.
      I don't think in Absolutes, I believe both parents should be part of the decision in an abortion if they wish to. You have suggested men can't be part of the abortion discussion if they can't have babies, who is the one thinking in absolutes?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Couldn't you just call him a git? It'd be easier to spot then! :-)

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Couldn't you just call him a git? It'd be easier to spot then! :-)
          I'm practicing my online communication skills. This means I don't call people names.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Sue The Sexist View Post
            I'm practicing using Gender to drive arguments when logic and reality fails.
            FTFY yep a lower opinion is harder to formulate..
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's the customers who want to die, not the staff. The staff want to be protected from suicidal idiots who don't get vaccinated.
              I honestly find it difficult reconciling your views on here with the views you think a Christian should have.

I do not judge, but I find it difficult to imagine a person who has celebrated Christ to have the first consideration on this subject to be 'customers' and 'idiots'.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Thanks Captain Obvious

Bit like making sure the concentration camp workers are kept safe, really. Wouldn't want them catching something from the people they kill.
                ​​​​​​Jesus attacked a synagogue full of money changers and got nailed to a cross for it.

He didn't say "thanks captain obvious".

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

You seem to be the one angrily preaching. I have shared my opinion, unlike you I'm not making personal attacks making anyone who might think differently that they are idiots for being wrong.

If someone wants to stop taking their medication or remove themself from medical care, that is their choice. And I've already said I think the medical people go too far to preserve life when sometimes it would be best to let it go. But to repeat, anyone with sense can see there's a big difference between not keeping someone alive, and actively helping them die. I lean towards that being the line I draw, but I am happy to disagree.
                  "I have shared my opinion"

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Maybe educate yourself first on what happens before you start preaching. No one kills anyone else ... the person who is chronically ill and is at end of life and is suffering so much that they no longer want to suffer any further are choosing when their own suffering ends. They administer whatever the drug is themselves.

But hey, if you'd rather see your loved one continue to suffer, in pain and no dignity, when they know they have little time left anyway and they know that their time is already near, then crack on. Guilt them into staying around longer to appease you and watch them die a painful, horrible death.
                    So, you have a kind of check list when you think people should be killed.

You're convincing me this is ethical.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I honestly find it difficult reconciling your views on here with the views you think a Christian should have.
                      That's because the views you think I think a Christian should have aren't the views I think a Christian should have.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X