• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Universal Credit Claimant"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    Universal credit is hilarious. They decided we needed just £230 a month to pay all our bills, buy food, and save enough money so that when I went back to work I'd be able to afford to. Bearing in mind I had just come out of hospital after being in a coma for 24 days, and in hospital having my bowel removed, it was less than helpfull.

As for IPSE who have still not even responded to my request to see if I could claim. No idea why I'm paying for them if I'm honest... Only been 13 months I guess. Maybe they are short staffed.

I absolutely get the system, UC is brilliant if you are working the same system, if you are prepared to work it and claim for everything you believe you are entitled to, but if you have worked all your life and have the slightest bit of decency it's frankly hopeless.
    It SHOULD be better than lots of cottage industry benefits which is what it is replacing, the fact it is not is probably because the designers have never realised that benefits are actually needed to respond to life changes. People being paid weekly waiting 6 weeks to get any benefits is an obvious clanger.

Needs managerial courage and intelligence.

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied
    Universal credit is hilarious. They decided we needed just £230 a month to pay all our bills, buy food, and save enough money so that when I went back to work I'd be able to afford to. Bearing in mind I had just come out of hospital after being in a coma for 24 days, and in hospital having my bowel removed, it was less than helpfull.

As for IPSE who have still not even responded to my request to see if I could claim. No idea why I'm paying for them if I'm honest... Only been 13 months I guess. Maybe they are short staffed.

I absolutely get the system, UC is brilliant if you are working the same system, if you are prepared to work it and claim for everything you believe you are entitled to, but if you have worked all your life and have the slightest bit of decency it's frankly hopeless.
    Last edited by Lost It; 25 November 2021, 13:22.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

No I pointed SE's comment was unreasonable in this context as pointed out they are both unpleasant I would just get popcorn. I you think correcting factual errors is support then you are again off the mark.
    In your sexist view you decided my comment was unreasonable.

I pointed out to you if it was the other way round I would be slagging her off similarly.

Time and time again you make the mistake of presuming that everyone has the same life experiences as you.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Maybe one of his mates who has 2 jobs could give him one?

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    “I have no job, I have no career, I am long-term unemployed,” said Elphicke.
    And like a large number of our elected officials, no qualifications.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

As you say, a sex offender that brought all this on himself, and yet some on here still try to defend the indefensible because he's a Tory.

He didn't have to live in Fulham; as he's not working he could have lived anywhere in the country and chose a much less expensive neighbourhood.

I'm sure one of the Tory fan-boys will be along soon to tell us why this poor chap has been treated badly and needs all the help us tax payers can give him
    No I pointed SE's comment was unreasonable in this context as pointed out they are both unpleasant I would just get popcorn. I you think correcting factual errors is support then you are again off the mark.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Lovely man, convicted sex offender and accused of xenophobia, but he chose not to defend himself on that one. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-21617521
    Now buying a ferry is Xenophobic do you boys not realise you have fully jumped the shark?

Leave a comment:

• NowPermOutsideUK
    replied
    He chose fulham because he could not afford Knightsbridge

Unfortunately the housing benefit system actively encourages people to stay in central London because the housing benefit is dependent on the local LHA rates -

If this person lived in wales and paid £300 a month rent it would not make a difference to his take hime pay then if he lived in Fulham paying £1,285 which is the LHA max rate

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Lovely man, convicted sex offender and accused of xenophobia, but he chose not to defend himself on that one. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-21617521
    As you say, a sex offender that brought all this on himself, and yet some on here still try to defend the indefensible because he's a Tory.

He didn't have to live in Fulham; as he's not working he could have lived anywhere in the country and chose a much less expensive neighbourhood.

I'm sure one of the Tory fan-boys will be along soon to tell us why this poor chap has been treated badly and needs all the help us tax payers can give him

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Guess you didn't realise they are individuals who as MPs are/were both unpleasant in different ways.?

If it happened the other way round I would call her sponging -
    https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/20...our-second-job

​​​​​​
    hey just because there are scumbags no reason to support the losing side..

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Funny a man decides to claim off his better paid wife he is sponging, yet if the wife does the same she is getting what she is entitled to.

Maybe check your gender privilege?
    Guess you didn't realise they are individuals who as MPs are/were both unpleasant in different ways.?

If it happened the other way round I would call her sponging -
    https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/20...our-second-job

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Funny a man decides to claim off his better paid wife he is sponging, yet if the wife does the same she is getting what she is entitled to.

Maybe check your gender privilege?

To be fair if anyone is entitled then good on them. If we got it wrong then we need to fix it. If they lied we need to prosecute.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
    There is no shame in claiming everything you are entitled to
    Otoh, there is shame in being a whiny, scheming, cretin who is overly focused on the minutia of what UK tax they can avoid next.

Leave a comment:

• NowPermOutsideUK
    replied
    There is no shame in claiming everything you are entitled to

Leave a comment:

Working...
X