• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Not quite the very hungry caterpillar"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Sorry if I sound a little dim and literal-minded, but are these books seriously clarion calls for Wokeness, or Titania McGrath style piss takes?
    I'm not entirely sure.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Sorry if I sound a little dim and literal-minded, but are these books seriously clarion calls for Wokeness, or Titania McGrath style piss takes?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Why wouldn't you buy this as a joke for new parents? 4 quid just to watch them open it is a deal.

If I find myself in Secret Santa this year...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

The problem with the reviews is the people that write them. Remember they actually bought the book to review it so they really coming from a reputable source... apart from maybe the joke purchase but I'd still question why this would be an amusing gift and if it was why bother reviewing it.
    The reviews are all one star reviews.

If they were five star reviews then you would get worried especially as you can look inside the book and see that it matches the one star reviews.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I like the reviews -

"The worst book I ever brought"

"Truly an idiotic book, but I just bought this as a joke for a new father who would find this amusing. Horrible message, not that a toddler would understand anyways. I think it's just written so that new parents of my generation (millennials) can feel good about themselves "

And why would you buy it for a child
    "Both my sister in law and I had high expectations for this book. Bought it for my 6yo and 2yo. Quite honestly, it was disappointing. Returned it. "
    The problem with the reviews is the people that write them. Remember they actually bought the book to review it so they really coming from a reputable source... apart from maybe the joke purchase but I'd still question why this would be an amusing gift and if it was why bother reviewing it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Hang on it's on Amazon and you can peek inside... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Woke-Baby-M...rmat=2&depth=1
    I like the reviews -

"The worst book I ever brought"

"Truly an idiotic book, but I just bought this as a joke for a new father who would find this amusing. Horrible message, not that a toddler would understand anyways. I think it's just written so that new parents of my generation (millennials) can feel good about themselves "

And why would you buy it for a child
    "Both my sister in law and I had high expectations for this book. Bought it for my 6yo and 2yo. Quite honestly, it was disappointing. Returned it. "

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

I smell an opportunity! You write that and I will do "Trans Baby"
    If you do the Trans Baby you will get one or the other of those groups coming after you...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    All seems very ageist! Us old farts should have courses in wokeness, I'll suggest it to the U3A.

PS Long time ago but seem to recall us hippies were rather woke too. About war, capitalism etc. Think it is just an age thing.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

No Antifa Baby?
    I smell an opportunity! You write that and I will do "Trans Baby"

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

You can get the set
    Woke Baby
    Antiracist Baby
    and Feminist Baby.
    No Antifa Baby?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Hang on it's on Amazon and you can peek inside... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Woke-Baby-M...rmat=2&depth=1
    You can get the set
    Woke Baby
    Antiracist Baby
    and Feminist Baby.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Oh no, it's sold out. I would love to buy a copy as a joke present, if the book is as the blurb suggests.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Not too late to smother it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X