• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Unfortunate Israelis"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Just me who won't be executed when it happens then.
    It won't happen. And there's no indication (except in the minds of the paranoid conspiracy theorists) that it's even heading that way. That's just a stupid narrative they've constructed to gull the... er... gullible.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Am I the only one who thinks we'd be so much happier if Kim Jong-un ruled the world? The only news we'd see would be what he allows to be published, all showing how great life is under his leadership.
    I guess we would be happier. Not being happy would be a short-lived (pun intended) situation.
    Happy and hungry.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Just me who won't be executed when it happens then.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Am I the only one who thinks we'd be so much happier if Kim Jong-un ruled the world?
    Yes. I think so.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Am I the only one who thinks we'd be so much happier if Kim Jong-un ruled the world? The only news we'd see would be what he allows to be published, all showing how great life is under his leadership.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    82% of the Uk adult population have had 2 shots already, and we're moving to the 3rd booster shot for many ... do you not think we'd be seeing these issues in the UK by now
    2.56B people in the world have had two shots of the various vaccines. We'd definitely had noticed significant issues by now.

Adverse events are about 0.05%. That's still 1.3 million. Against the unvaccinated death rate of 1% which would be 26 million.

Israel have 5.61M double vaxed. That'll be about 3000 adverse events (hence the linked website). Against the unvaccinated death rate which would amount to 56000.

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    The question is what's in it for you to spread this rubbish? I get that David Icke et. al. have something to gain, but why the multitude of morons with nothing to gain? Just gullible I guess.
    I think it's the warm glow of knowing more than other people. Conspiracy theories are how stupid people get to feel intellectual.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post

Actually, I got this particular link from that famous anti-vax campaigner Dr. Robert W. Malone, you know - the guy who actually discovered the mRNA vaccine technique.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_W._Malone

As he points out, Israel is the most advanced country in the world in the vaccine rollout. What we see happening there gives us a six to nine months view into the future if we keep with the current program. If you watch the videos, you did watch them before you hit the keyboard right? You will notice that most problems hit with the second or third shot and they are using the pfizer mostly whereas the UK is mostly AZ, so may not be applicable to our program.

Well, let's see. Seeing as you lot can't discuss the most important health issue in decades to affect this country with either rationale or humour I won't bring it up again for 18 months. Then we'll see what's what.

Very disappointed with some of you. They want to put this in our children.

the very article you linked says that he 'claims to be the inventor of mRNA vaccines, although credit for the distinction is more often given to later advancements by Katalin Karikó or Derrick Rossi'.

He's just another anti-vax grifter.

The question is what's in it for you to spread this rubbish? I get that David Icke et. al. have something to gain, but why the multitude of morons with nothing to gain? Just gullible I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Actually, I got this particular link from that famous anti-vax campaigner Dr. Robert W. Malone, you know - the guy who actually discovered the mRNA vaccine technique.

As he points out, Israel is the most advanced country in the world in the vaccine rollout. What we see happening there gives us a six to nine months view into the future if we keep with the current program. If you watch the videos, you did watch them before you hit the keyboard right? You will notice that most problems hit with the second or third shot and they are using the pfizer mostly whereas the UK is mostly AZ, so may not be applicable to our program.

Well, let's see. Seeing as you lot can't discuss the most important health issue in decades to affect this country with either rationale or humour I won't bring it up again for 18 months. Then we'll see what's what.

No, I didn't go to the site as I don't want to give them extra traffic. I tend to avoid conspiracy theory click-bait websites

82% of the Uk adult population have had 2 shots already, and we're moving to the 3rd booster shot for many ... do you not think we'd be seeing these issues in the UK by now?

And, the death and hospitalisation rates are way down since vaccination roll out, with it being reported that most in hospital and who die are unvaccinated ... so if you don't mind, I'll take my chance with the vaccine rather than the conspiracies. But you do what you think is right for yourself fella ... no one is forcing anyone to have the jab.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

I guess you didn't read the wikipedia article? The claim that he "discovered" it is somewhat debatable.

In the 1980s, while a researcher at the Salk Institute, Malone conducted studies on messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) technology, discovering that it was possible to transfer mRNA protected by a liposome into cultured cells to signal the information needed for the production of proteins. In the early 1990s, he collaborated with Jon A. Wolff, Dennis A. Carson, and others on a study that first suggested the possibility of synthesizing mRNA in a laboratory to trigger the production of a desired protein. Malone claims to be the inventor of mRNA vaccines, although credit for the distinction is more often given to later advancements by Katalin Karikó or Derrick Rossi, and was ultimately the result of the contributions of hundreds of researchers, of which Malone was but one.

Malone received criticism for propagating COVID-19 misinformation, including making unsupported claims about the alleged toxicity of spike proteins generated by some COVID-19 vaccines; using interviews on mass media to popularize self-medication with ivermectin; and tweeting a study by others questioning vaccine safety that was later retracted
    I do love it when antivaxxers and conspiracy theorist try to back up their delusions with sources that show the opposite. I guess it shows how deep the delusion goes.

Anyway, the technique for getting the mRNA into cells is as different from how the vaccine works, as pill fabrication techniques are from how paracetamol works.

I had a parcel delivered from an expert in sending things by parcel. He doesn't know anything about how to play the ukulele that was delivered though!
    Contratulations TwoWolves on a perfect example of the False Expert logical fallacy.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hard to have serious discussions on such a complex issue, given all the vast amount of information from experts or "experts" on both sides. Look at all the stuff on that David Wolf site alone. Is it true or fake or a bit of each? We have better things to do with our lives than delve into all that.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Do you not find it strange that this is only coming out of Israel/this one site? Given over 80% of the UK adult population has had 2 jabs now, do you not think we'd be seeing more stories here if there was any truth in this?

Nice try fella .... but you're not helping yourself by posting shyte like that on a site where most people are intelligent (yeah, I know, it hurts to say that but it's true)

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Clearly fake. I never suffered vaginal bleeding after my jab.

Leave a comment:

• ronkeen
    replied

You know, if you are going to continue as a moderator here it isn't really a good look if you keep trolling the other members. That's what you start doing with almost everything I post. The site I posted makes itself quite clear on its title page:

I'm not asking anyone to take that at face value, it really is up to you to take it or leave it.
    Mate. You would have more success posting a story critical of the Chinese Communist Party at a Chinese mainstream discussion board. Don't bother.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I’ve been subscribed to r/HerrmanCainAward for months.

It compliments idiot posts perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I said most, not all .. there are always outliers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X