• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "DOOM: 'Corporate life turned me into a cocaine addict'"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

should I be offended by that? I don't visit the ladies anymore. Depending on how well you select your life partner a marriage can be more expensive than paying by the hour.
    I am a bit different in real life, not as outspoken as I am here. Which I am because I think there is some truth to it.

Could be the case, life savings. I still call it BS. If she is not turning tricks yet she will for money or just for the pleasure of it. Being on drugs for long periods of time changes you...
    If you are using coke daily instead of coffee your moral fibre is not very strong to begin with anyway.
    I have never as you put it "visited the ladies", mainly because the ones I knew were in that trade because their life was screwed up and it would be akin to rape. I am sure there are some that just treat it as a job but when one of your friends sisters loses a leg because of dirty needles paid for by selling her body it just looks abusive to me.

I suspect a pretty face, flirty attitude and skimpy clothes would get you a few freebies but as the addiction proceeded more would be expected for your fix, this is I suspect how people get lured into that life.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    FTFY
    should I be offended by that? I don't visit the ladies anymore. Depending on how well you select your life partner a marriage can be more expensive than paying by the hour.
    I am a bit different in real life, not as outspoken as I am here. Which I am because I think there is some truth to it.

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
    Those life saving could have supplemented her income for a couple of years to fund her habit, plus credit cards and bank loans easy to pile on 50K or 100K in debt if you really want to.
    Could be the case, life savings. I still call it BS. If she is not turning tricks yet she will for money or just for the pleasure of it. Being on drugs for long periods of time changes you...
    If you are using coke daily instead of coffee your moral fibre is not very strong to begin with anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied

I am a bit spiteful... but you can't realistically afford that habit on a normal salary. Math does not lie. Once you add the other costs of life, which is another 3k you realise that she needs 120-150k per year. The problem is that you can't stay in control after a few lines, you become jittery, agitated. It will be very obvious for the ones around you that you are on coke. You can't keep a job.

Women are a bit better with addiction but the only ones that I've met and were hit in the head like that, were in the sex trade. And doing it probably to escape the traumas of everyday life.
    I agree it is hard to keep down a job. I used to work with someone who did it at lunch time. He would go to his car at lunch time, gave him an hour to get off his high. But he didn't get his his contract renewed , but he was a coder, you need to concentrate as a coder, a project manager could get away with it i think.

As for her taking 4g a day, that sounds a bit extreme, my guess she might have been taking that much the week after pay day. Towards the end of month when she was skint she would have been taking less.

But she might also have had some life savings before she became an addict (eg 50K). I managed to save 100K in my twenties to buy a house.

Those life saving could have supplemented her income for a couple of years to fund her habit, plus credit cards and bank loans easy to pile on 50K or 100K in debt if you really want to.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 24 July 2021, 12:57.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by GiggleBro View Post

Women are a bit better with addiction but the only ones that I've met and were hit in the head like that, were in the sex trade. And doing it probably to escape the traumas of everyday life or having to work with me.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

After tax...
    Being able to claim it as entertainment would have been nice...

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You really are a bitter, and quite frankly nasty, individual. So because she's female you're accusing her of being a hooker or a tart to a sugar daddy? You really are a vile person.
    I am a bit spiteful... but you can't realistically afford that habit on a normal salary. Math does not lie. Once you add the other costs of life, which is another 3k you realise that she needs 120-150k per year. The problem is that you can't stay in control after a few lines, you become jittery, agitated. It will be very obvious for the ones around you that you are on coke. You can't keep a job.

Women are a bit better with addiction but the only ones that I've met and were hit in the head like that, were in the sex trade. And doing it probably to escape the traumas of everyday life.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Posted by someone whose corporate life turned him into a DOOM addict.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    £100pd, 3k per month.
    After tax...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    According to this - https://www.russellwebster.com/carolblack5/ - average cocaine use per day is 0.9 grams, with cost per day use set as £71 , from article dated recently (April 1, 2020):

"I was losing my grip on reality, taking about three grams of cocaine each night on my own at home and another gram at work just to get me through the day."

So it was 4 grams per day, on "school days", 3 grams on weekends?

From link above:

"It is estimated that consumers in England and Wales spent £9.4 billion on drugs in 2016/17. The largest market is opiates (£3 .8 billion), followed by cannabis (£2.4 billion) and powder cocaine (£1.9 billion)."

At the price quoted that makes cocaine market of 24 tons per year, if that lady used 1 kg herself, then it's enough to have just 24k such corporate addicts?

Last edited by AtW; 24 July 2021, 08:28.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

if you are doing 3g of coke a day and having the associated lifestyle you definitely do not live in a dinky 1bed flat ad 1.2pcm. On coke you most likely won't have the attention span to cook so probably eating out a lot, 1k pcm on food at least. drinking, going out and all that. Standing still for 30m seems like a lifetime.

Call girl on her free time, daddy's girl or sugar daddy is probably her main job not a freeking corporate job that you can't keep with your habit anyway.
    You really are a bitter, and quite frankly nasty, individual. So because she's female you're accusing her of being a hooker or a tart to a sugar daddy? You really are a vile person.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Back in the 90s it was £50 and £60 for good quality. She's probably buying 1/8 or 1/4 oz at a time which would bring the price down a bit but you'd think it would have gone up since the 90s with inflation and all...
    I thought it would be closer to 80-100£ for good quality. If you get the usual crap doubled with powder milk, you'll struggle to get a buzz on. Also there are some people that put funny stuff in it to give it a kick. Rat poison.
    2-3 years down the road is not the coke that it is killing you but the side products you take with it.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied

but still, 1g is 30-40£ or at least what google says. I thought it would be more than that for good quality.
    Back in the 90s it was £50 and £60 for good quality. She's probably buying 1/8 or 1/4 oz at a time which would bring the price down a bit but you'd think it would have gone up since the 90s with inflation and all...

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied

Cost of living in Herefordshire, west midlands, for a single 20 something year old is going to be a lot less than 3K. You could do it even with 1K if you flat share, especially if she spends 12 hours a day at work and so doesn't have much of life outside work.
    if you are doing 3g of coke a day and having the associated lifestyle you definitely do not live in a dinky 1bed flat ad 1.2pcm. On coke you most likely won't have the attention span to cook so probably eating out a lot, 1k pcm on food at least. drinking, going out and all that. Standing still for 30m seems like a lifetime.

Call girl on her free time, daddy's girl or sugar daddy is probably her main job not a freeking corporate job that you can't keep with your habit anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied

but still, 1g is 30-40£ or at least what google says. I thought it would be more than that for good quality.

£100pd, 3k per month. if you add 3k on top for food accommodation etc you would need at least 120k salary to be able to manage it.
    Cost of living in Herefordshire, west midlands, for a single 20 something year old is going to be a lot less than 3K. You could do it even with 1K if you flat share, especially if she spends 12 hours a day at work and so doesn't have much of a life outside work.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 23 July 2021, 20:58.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

To deal with the stress of the job, I started using cocaine. At first only it was only occasional, to wind down when I got home. But after a while I was doing it every day. "

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wo...ocaine-addict/

Anybody on here would want to share their stories then? I'll start - as of now I never used illegal drugs, can take polygraph test if necessary.
    Say what now ??? Not exactly a 'winding down' drug now, is it ?

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied

Project managers are clueless and talk nonsense most days, so no one would notice the difference.

£100pd, 3k per month. if you add 3k on top for food accommodation etc you would need at least 120k salary to be able to manage it.
    and you are more likely to do more during the weekend and have a lifestyle that matches it.

She either has an only fans or sugar daddy(but then she is only a degenerate with a hobby job) or it is total BS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X