• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: 'Corporate life turned me into a cocaine addict'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: 'Corporate life turned me into a cocaine addict'

"A flourishing career brought with it demands that took a major toll on Hayley Field's mind and body – until she found her balance in midlife

When I entered the corporate workplace in my mid-20s, I enjoyed the comfortable lifestyle it brought with it. It was gratifying to be able to buy nice clothes and shoes and handbags; to be able to park a nice car in the company car park.

I was working in project management in Herefordshire and found myself quickly gaining more and more responsibility at a relatively young age. But the demands of the job brought with them an increasing amount of stress. I had become quite ambitious, but more because I felt that was how I ought to be than because it made me happy.

Looking back, I can see that I wasn’t happy at all; I was really beginning to struggle. I had no balance in my life as it had become all about work. The corporate culture I found myself in was one in which if you weren’t working until late at night, then you weren’t working enough. There was an expectation you would put in 12-hour days and when there was a deadline looming I effectively had no choice but to stay at my desk until late into the evening. It was what everyone did.

To deal with the stress of the job, I started using cocaine. At first only it was only occasional, to wind down when I got home. But after a while I was doing it every day. "

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wo...ocaine-addict/

Anybody on here would want to share their stories then? I'll start - as of now I never used illegal drugs, can take polygraph test if necessary.

This is what 16 months of working from home has turned me into:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pSpCUm.gif
Views:	186
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	4174866

But being honest the only coke i do comes in cans.

Comment

12 hour days -LUXURY!!!!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

for those that wondered

If it had been the wail you would know her bra size and how much her house was!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

3 gramms per day, it's like a kilo per year!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            3 gramms per day, it's like a kilo per year!
            having a job that can allow you to afford a 3g per day habit and that you can also do while on coke is the surprising part to me.

Comment

I like the part about using cocaine to wind down.. because that's what one of the most powerful stimulants is good for.. winding down

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3586.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&s=61a7c3af9526bb9e115524a870002aab.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	4174877

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

having a job that can allow you to afford a 3g per day habit and that you can also do while on coke is the surprising part to me.
                  Project managers are clueless and talk nonsense most days, so no one would notice the difference.
                  Last edited by Fraidycat; 23 July 2021, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

Project managers are clueless and talk nonsense most days, so no one would notice the difference.
                    but still, 1g is 30-40£ or at least what google says. I thought it would be more than that for good quality.

£100pd, 3k per month. if you add 3k on top for food accommodation etc you would need at least 120k salary to be able to manage it.
                    and you are more likely to do more during the weekend and have a lifestyle that matches it.

She either has an only fans or sugar daddy(but then she is only a degenerate with a hobby job) or it is total BS.

Comment

Working...
                    X