• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: 'Corporate life turned me into a cocaine addict'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GiggleBro View Post

Women are a bit better with addiction but the only ones that I've met and were hit in the head like that, were in the sex trade. And doing it probably to escape the traumas of everyday life or having to work with me.
    FTFY
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

I am a bit spiteful... but you can't realistically afford that habit on a normal salary. Math does not lie. Once you add the other costs of life, which is another 3k you realise that she needs 120-150k per year. The problem is that you can't stay in control after a few lines, you become jittery, agitated. It will be very obvious for the ones around you that you are on coke. You can't keep a job.

Women are a bit better with addiction but the only ones that I've met and were hit in the head like that, were in the sex trade. And doing it probably to escape the traumas of everyday life.
      I agree it is hard to keep down a job. I used to work with someone who did it at lunch time. He would go to his car at lunch time, gave him an hour to get off his high. But he didn't get his his contract renewed , but he was a coder, you need to concentrate as a coder, a project manager could get away with it i think.

As for her taking 4g a day, that sounds a bit extreme, my guess she might have been taking that much the week after pay day. Towards the end of month when she was skint she would have been taking less.

But she might also have had some life savings before she became an addict (eg 50K). I managed to save 100K in my twenties to buy a house.

Those life saving could have supplemented her income for a couple of years to fund her habit, plus credit cards and bank loans easy to pile on 50K or 100K in debt if you really want to.
      Last edited by Fraidycat; 24 July 2021, 12:57.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        FTFY
        should I be offended by that? I don't visit the ladies anymore. Depending on how well you select your life partner a marriage can be more expensive than paying by the hour.
        I am a bit different in real life, not as outspoken as I am here. Which I am because I think there is some truth to it.

Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post
        Those life saving could have supplemented her income for a couple of years to fund her habit, plus credit cards and bank loans easy to pile on 50K or 100K in debt if you really want to.
        Could be the case, life savings. I still call it BS. If she is not turning tricks yet she will for money or just for the pleasure of it. Being on drugs for long periods of time changes you...
        If you are using coke daily instead of coffee your moral fibre is not very strong to begin with anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

should I be offended by that? I don't visit the ladies anymore. Depending on how well you select your life partner a marriage can be more expensive than paying by the hour.
          I am a bit different in real life, not as outspoken as I am here. Which I am because I think there is some truth to it.

Could be the case, life savings. I still call it BS. If she is not turning tricks yet she will for money or just for the pleasure of it. Being on drugs for long periods of time changes you...
          If you are using coke daily instead of coffee your moral fibre is not very strong to begin with anyway.
          I have never as you put it "visited the ladies", mainly because the ones I knew were in that trade because their life was screwed up and it would be akin to rape. I am sure there are some that just treat it as a job but when one of your friends sisters loses a leg because of dirty needles paid for by selling her body it just looks abusive to me.

I suspect a pretty face, flirty attitude and skimpy clothes would get you a few freebies but as the addiction proceeded more would be expected for your fix, this is I suspect how people get lured into that life.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X