• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So desperate to be the news..."

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'd forgotten about Dimbles.

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Don't forget Dimbles!

The thing is, I do have a sneaking sympathy for Damian's approach. Of course, he's doing it to get awards. But if a little creativity brings home to people how bloody awful the event was... is that really a bad thing?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Nothing wrong with journalists going undercover.
    She was hardly under any cover during the interview, wasn't she?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That's exactly the example that sprung to my mind when I was reading the first post!
    Dimbles!!!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Reminds me of war-zone journalists who carry a child's toy in their bag a place it on the rubble for effect.
    That's exactly the example that sprung to my mind when I was reading the first post!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Don't forget Dimbles!

Dimbles for PM!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    you forgot the girl who interviewed swingers while test driving the life style? At least she was honest.
    One does not simply forget Kira Reed.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Reminds me of war-zone journalists who carry a child's toy in their bag a place it on the rubble for effect.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

There is an issue with them lying.
    Undercover, or under the covers?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Damian was doing it years ago.

Don't forget Dimbles!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Damian was doing it years ago.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    you forgot the girl who interviewed swingers while test driving the life style? At least she was honest.

There is an issue with them lying.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Presstitutes are everywhere!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    started a topic So desperate to be the news...

So desperate to be the news...

How low can you go?

Reminds me a couple of other "journalists" who became the news.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/23/germa...n-up-14975891/

A German broadcast journalist has been suspended after she was caught apparently smearing herself in mud before filming a report in a town devastated by floods.

Susanna Ohlen, 39, was caught on video appearing to muddy herself to pretend she had helped with clean up efforts in the ravaged spa town of Bad Munstereifel, North Rhine-Westphalia, in Germany.

The reporter had featured in an RTL.de article with the headline: ‘Cleaning up after the flood: RTL presenter lends a hand in Bad Munstereifel’.

But footage was shared on social media by an onlooker who captured her bending down to grab mud and wipe it on her face before presenting the report.

Following online backlash, RTL has since taken down the article and announced it had taken action to reprimand Ms Ohlen, who has apologised.

The channel said: ‘Our reporter’s approach clearly contradicts journalistic principles and our own standards.

‘We therefore gave her a leave of absence on Monday after we heard about it.’

Ms Ohlen is seen in the footage wearing a blue shirt, a white t shirt, a bucket hat, wellies and a glove, with her back to the camera.

With her back to the camera, the reporter bends down towards the rubble and appears to grab some mud and wipe it down her shirt.

Ms Ohlen then bends down a second time, stands up and wipes her face before turning to face her camera crew.

Ms Ohlen has reportedly worked at RTL since 2008 and presents the popular news shows Good Evening RTL, Good Morning Germany, Point 12, and others.

More than 188 people have died in the catastrophic floods which inundated towns across Germany and Belgium.

There are concerns the death toll will rise further as search teams continue to look through the rubble for those who are still missing.

Working...
X