• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Combe Downer Alert

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Combe Downer Alert"

Collapse

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Originally posted by The Server Side Guy View Post
    I was imagining that this could turn into one of those amazing “Hands across the ocean” moments and there would be little old me at the centre of it all.
    I think i misread this chap (after hearing all the scare stories)

It seems he only wanted to make love and not war

But we burnt him at the stake

I feel so bad now, in his memory, (and also the fact some of the members here think i am a Gricer) i have adopted his favourite catch phrase as my avatar pic.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 6 July 2021, 19:43.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Seems to be just you and me OH.
    That makes one of you gricer's sockie and another is the ultimate puppetmaster.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Seems to be just you and me OH.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Aha! Sock puppeteer!

There were other reasons. ..
    What other reasons?

We have this conversation every year or two when a Gricer clone shows up again and is promptly banned. People mutter dark hints of other reasons to ban him, but nobody ever explains why.

I find it hard to believe the Gricer incarnations are genuine bots which some people claim, even if his bonhomie and discursive style and content are rather stereotypical.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    One notes that there's not been the needful doings of the updation of the "Banned" thread.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraidycat View Post

The CUK mob was baying for his blood and the moderators duly obliged.
    Rubbish. If you examine his other incarnations we've been extremely forbearing. As you full well know, gricer.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Totally agree.
    Aha! Sock puppeteer!

There were other reasons. Rambling at length isn't a bannable action by itself.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Gotta say I think it's a bit harsh to ban the Server Guy just for posting a couple of long rambles.

After all, it's not as if he was insulting anyone, and nobody is forced to read his posts.
    Totally agree.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied
    Why does this the Gricer chap use the same phrases eg. 'kerching-a-ding-a-ling' and 'hands across the ocean moment' every time he re-incarnates on this forum, seems to be a dead giveaway. I guess he just cant help himself.
    Last edited by Fraidycat; 5 July 2021, 17:32.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Gotta say I think it's a bit harsh to ban the Server Guy just for posting a couple of long rambles.

After all, it's not as if he was insulting anyone, and nobody is forced to read his posts.
    It's the dull as ditchwater gricerbot. The gricerbot has been permabanned. Permaban still stands.

Leave a comment:

• Fraidycat
    replied

The CUK mob was baying for his blood and the moderators duly obliged.

Apparently he has degenerated to rambling with himself in the past.

I don't know if that was the worst thing he ever did. Or if he wrote nastier stuff in the past?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Gawd, you been doing some extensive research! Still, at least I haven't forgotten where I went to uni yet. Er, Salford wasn't it?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hope that’s jogged a few pleasant memories for you Xoggy and maybe next time we’ll head out from Odd Down to Southdown and Twerton for a tour of the sleazier area of Old Bath
    Not sure I remember any of that, I always had ghastly flats near the town centre. Apart from the campus, my best memories are of the little night club I used to sing blues in and a place heading towards Bristol where I <deleted> a girl in the back of my van.

A sleazy area? Damn, now you tell me 50 years too late!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

Drivelling is better than DOOM any day!
    WxogS.

With bells & whistles on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X