• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have you ever cheated on a partner?"

Collapse

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Next you'll be saying only contractors post on CUK
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I was so tempted to say that too
    Fair point ....

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

I was so tempted to say that too

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

Interesting ... so you think only Mums post on mumsnet
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post

Do people actually have that conservation, certainly in my experience it more becomes assumed, unless a proposal is offered.
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Due to over-subscription, my partner had to join a different team on one of our quiz nights, and I'd had the foresight to print out some Wikipedia pages showing national flags and the inevitable flag question came up!

So, yes, I guess I have!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

FTFY
    remind me of the nationality / origin of your darling wife?

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That just describes most northern Irish women...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    That just describes most northern women...
    I ain't northern.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Because she is a woman who takes no nonsense and stands up for herself.
    That just describes most northern women...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Never come across that one, in fact it's very common trades or salespeople use the term partner to avoid offending by suggesting you're married!
    Maybe they think you're gay for other reasons
    Because she is a woman who takes no nonsense and stands up for herself.

Gay men and lesbians have no issue saying husband or wife where appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    It might but only in a small minority. Well unless you allow 'nasty' to include someone who runs out on their family rather than abuse, which is how I read it? Where we live - quite a poor area - it's certainly the case that your standard two-parent family is not the norm, and even mothers of young children are not generally living with the father who is now living with someone on the next street over.
    Yep coercion mental and physical abuse (both sexes) is horribly common. As are affairs to escape a situation, I know of a few people that played away to sabotage a marriage / relationship they weren't willing to work on. That I consider nasty. Have the balls to have the conversation not secretly shag other people its only fair.

Abandonment far too common both sides as is pump & dump - leaving a pregnant mum before birth.
    Death also was more common than I expected I know of 2 fathers that died when their kids were young. One heart defect and the other suicide.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I use partner to mean the person I am in a meaningful relationship with. I have no intention of getting married so will never have a spouse.

Interestingly, because I say 'partner' many people assume I am referring to a same sex squeeze. But I'm not 12 so I'm not going to say 'boyfriend'.
    Never come across that one, in fact it's very common trades or salespeople use the term partner to avoid offending by suggesting you're married!
    Maybe they think you're gay for other reasons

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Unfortunately about half of mums aren't with the father of their last baby and even fewer who are with the father of all their babies.

This may be because the father is dead, nuts or nasty.
    It might but only in a small minority. Well unless you allow 'nasty' to include someone who runs out on their family rather than abuse, which is how I read it? Where we live - quite a poor area - it's certainly the case that your standard two-parent family is not the norm, and even mothers of young children are not generally living with the father who is now living with someone on the next street over.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    'partner' can be very vague anything from "this person I've been dating a few times" to "we've been together decades, longer than our married friends, we just don't want the formal marriage bit". Although generally I guess people use partner as shorthand for "long term partner".
    I use partner to mean the person I am in a meaningful relationship with. I have no intention of getting married so will never have a spouse.

Interestingly, because I say 'partner' many people assume I am referring to a same sex squeeze. But I'm not 12 so I'm not going to say 'boyfriend'.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X