• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Whale Stuck In The Thames"

Collapse

• Destiny2
    replied
    I don't understand. A couple of blokes could have put the whale inside their car, drive up to Southend and dump the whale in the sea. It would take 2 hours at the most.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    15 posts and not a poster's mum joke.

smdh.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    There are Tope in the Thames estuary

https://www.sophieleacharters.co.uk/tope_fishing.shtml

Tope is a type of shark.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Thames is not supposed to be as polluted as it used to be. Recall swimming near the estuary back in the 70s, worst illness than I've ever had.

PS Good thing no sharks. Yet.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I dunno about delicate. The fact anything can survive even a day or two in the filthy water of the Thames seem to be an impressive feat to me.
    Maybe, although its nothing like as bad as it used to be - perhaps that's why we are getting all these marine mammals so far up the river? I was a little surprised that they didn't mind fresh water, but then again they are mammals, so they are not breathing in it. The problem seems to be when they ground themselves - then they don't seem to do so well. You see it with those awful mass strandings on the beaches as well, and the moment it was lying high and dry on that concrete lock in Richmond it was probably done for.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post
    Poor bugger. It was pretty clear from the beginning that it wasn't going to end well for it, it rarely seems to and they do seem rather delicate.
    I dunno about delicate. The fact anything can survive even a day or two in the filthy water of the Thames seem to be an impressive feat to me.

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Poor bugger. It was pretty clear from the beginning that it wasn't going to end well for it, it rarely seems to and they do seem rather delicate.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Interesting, I black teenager dives in the Thames a few weeks ago to save a life and search called off after 15 mins, a whale got a multi agency response
    They didn't need to search for the whale, they could see it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Interesting, I black teenager dives in the Thames a few weeks ago to save a life and search called off after 15 mins, a whale got a multi agency response
    too true, brave chap.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Poor little wale has been put down according to the Metro.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/10/baby-...ring-14555217/

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Maybe it's one of Boris' offspring searching for him

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Isn't there are a couple of stories like this every year and in 100% of cases it doesn't end well.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Has anyone seen MF, where has he been.
    Back to work in the Concorde Room...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Has anyone seen MF, where has he been.
    The whale is a bit too small.