• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone booked their summer holidays to Tristan da Cunha yet?"

Collapse

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Going in November / December so it'll be early summer down there. There's a full solar eclipse at the beginning of December. Chili need to sort themselves out by November because the country we're leaving from and will be heading back to for a couple of weeks afterwards.
    Chile is doing quite well
    Click image for larger version  Name:	E1BzFEoWUAA6fw2?format=png.png Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	4161862

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Seriously, did I read that right? You're planning a summer holiday in Antarctica? It'll be winter down there, -40C probably!
    Going in November / December so it'll be early summer down there. There's a full solar eclipse at the beginning of December. Chili need to sort themselves out by November because the country we're leaving from and will be heading back to for a couple of weeks afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I noticed that a number of the smaller countries that are on my Antarctica trip are green listed. ..
    Seriously, did I read that right? You're planning a summer holiday in Antarctica? It'll be winter down there, -40C probably!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I noticed that a number of the smaller countries that are on my Antarctica trip are green listed. Just need Chili to sort themselves out before November.

Looking at a trip to Portugal hopefully end of June.

Although, Madeira is a 160 point destination so we may go there. BA aren't extending status for people whose tier point year end is after December so I'm faced with somehow regaining Gold in six months!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post

They drive on the right, which as everyone knows, is wrong.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Stayed their for a couple of months to migrate the Ladbrokes datacentre from the UK inside the rock, where the MOD was letting out space (the backup went to the IOM) great weather and they drive on the correct side of the road. Nice thing of working for a gambling company is that you get to see all these tax avoidance places, also went to Alderney,
    They drive on the right, which as everyone knows, is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Entertainingly I was asked on Thursday if I fancy a project on the Falklands, unfortunately the hospital has no Chemo facilities and having to come home every 4wks for the drugs would be impractical

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    they drive on the correct side of the road.
    And they speak English, which is great for ignorant buggers like me who can't be arsed learning another language. (I was crap at languages as a kid in school, so I know it would be fecking hard to learn now.)

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    The more I find out about Gibraltar, the more I like. It's basically blighty without the crap weather. Well actually, it's even better. It has a free health service which is way better than the NHS; no long waiting lists. There's zero tax and it's duty free.

It was the first place in the world to vaccinate its entire population.

Shame house prices are so sky high. Last time I looked, even a decent 1-bed flat was about £300k.
    Stayed their for a couple of months to migrate the Ladbrokes datacentre from the UK inside the rock, where the MOD was letting out space (the backup went to the IOM) great weather and they drive on the correct side of the road. Nice thing of working for a gambling company is that you get to see all these tax avoidance places, also went to Alderney,

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    The more I find out about Gibraltar, the more I like. It's basically blighty without the crap weather. Well actually, it's even better. It has a free health service which is way better than the NHS; no long waiting lists. There's zero tax and it's duty free.

Shame house prices are so sky high. Last time I looked, even a decent 1-bed flat was about £300k.
    There's a fair bit of crime though, with packs of thieves who will steal cameras and food without a second thought!

Click image for larger version

Name:	belinda-pringles-monkey-e1401277555589.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	4161595

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

old times hey? You and 30 other ewes?
    LOL!

Leave a comment:

• mallisarealperson
    replied
    booked it, packed it, F###

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    I'm waiting for swingers holidays in the Falklands to be placed on sale.
    old times hey? You and 30 other ewes?

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    I'm waiting for swingers holidays in the Falklands to be placed on sale.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X