• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone booked their summer holidays to Tristan da Cunha yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

Stayed their for a couple of months to migrate the Ladbrokes datacentre from the UK inside the rock, where the MOD was letting out space (the backup went to the IOM) great weather and they drive on the correct side of the road. Nice thing of working for a gambling company is that you get to see all these tax avoidance places, also went to Alderney,
    They drive on the right, which as everyone knows, is wrong.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

They drive on the right, which as everyone knows, is wrong.
      +1

Comment

I noticed that a number of the smaller countries that are on my Antarctica trip are green listed. Just need Chili to sort themselves out before November.

Looking at a trip to Portugal hopefully end of June.

Although, Madeira is a 160 point destination so we may go there. BA aren't extending status for people whose tier point year end is after December so I'm faced with somehow regaining Gold in six months!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I noticed that a number of the smaller countries that are on my Antarctica trip are green listed. ..
          Seriously, did I read that right? You're planning a summer holiday in Antarctica? It'll be winter down there, -40C probably!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Seriously, did I read that right? You're planning a summer holiday in Antarctica? It'll be winter down there, -40C probably!
            Going in November / December so it'll be early summer down there. There's a full solar eclipse at the beginning of December. Chili need to sort themselves out by November because the country we're leaving from and will be heading back to for a couple of weeks afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Going in November / December so it'll be early summer down there. There's a full solar eclipse at the beginning of December. Chili need to sort themselves out by November because the country we're leaving from and will be heading back to for a couple of weeks afterwards.
              Chile is doing quite well
              Click image for larger version  Name:	E1BzFEoWUAA6fw2?format=png.png Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	4161862

Comment

Working...
              X