• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car Dashcam mount keeps falling"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    My dashcam is on a crappy little thing made from bits and pieces in my shed. Plastic clips above display thing.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    That's got to be Russia.

USA spent $1m developing a pen that could write in space.
    Russia took a pencil

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by ravenshaw View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	dJinY4U.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	4157117

Leave a comment:

• ravenshaw
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Any one got a better idea?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	dJinY4U.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	4157117

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    A sucker is not a particularly effective way to fix something. A 3M adhesive sticker would be better.
    Depends what it is suckered to (he said, somewhat ungrammatically...). My fairly heavy 5" Tom Tom satnav has sat happily on its little stuck-down platform for about two years and several thousand miles now. When stuck to the windscreen it would last about 15 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    A sucker is not a particularly effective way to fix something. A 3M adhesive sticker would be better.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    Sucker

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    Get rid of the suction cup and use the 3m adhesive pad that came with it instead.

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    Can you try a new suction pad? Maybe the edge is not good?

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Why can't your butler just hold it in place for you?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Copius amounts of araldite will sort it.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    I use one of those flat pads that stick permanently to the top of the dashboard for my satnav. Standing up on a surface is a lot more secure than hanging off one.

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Have you given both the sucker and the windscreen a going over with an alcohol spray to be completely sure there's no grease? You need to clean both surfaces, not just the windscreen.
    Yes, I clean both windscreen and the suction mount every time it falls down. But still ...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Have you given both the sucker and the windscreen a going over with an alcohol spray to be completely sure there's no grease? You need to clean both surfaces, not just the windscreen.

Leave a comment:

• BigDataPro
    started a topic Car Dashcam mount keeps falling

Car Dashcam mount keeps falling

My Nextbase 512g dash cam is internally wired. It has a suction mount that keeps falling and some times it doesn't stick at all, however clean my windscreen is. Any one got a better idea?

I was looking at Adhesive tapes, but not sure if it would fix the problem. Any one used/using it?

- https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JBBMZNJ/
    - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DLGZ828/

Working...
X