• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "J Corbyn and Iain Duncan Smith..."

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

That glyph looks and, I imagine would sound if one could hear it, much like my elderly neighbour. Now he _is_ an arch Luddite!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I don't like using them, and I'm no slouch with PCs or a Luddite in other respects.

For a start, the print is tiny so you need eyesight like a vulture, which not everyone has, and some people have none!

Also, every time you touch the screen something moves and changes often in unpredictable ways!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Some people DON'T KNOW how to use it.

I'm seriously not joking. Not everyone has the capability to use smartphones.
    I don't like using them, and I'm no slouch with PCs or a Luddite in other respects.

For a start, the print is tiny so you need eyesight like a vulture, which not everyone has, and some people have none!

Also, every time you touch the screen something moves and changes often in unpredictable ways!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

This. It's a sh!t time to be young.
    Well, youth is wasted on the young anyway.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Time for redukation camps then?
    We aren't the Chinese Communist Party.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Some people DON'T KNOW how to use it. I'm seriously not joking. Not everyone has the capability to use smartphones.
    Time for redukation camps then?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

Lack of access?

It's totally accessible (and very cheap unless you want latest eyePhone), but some people still CHOOSE not to use it.
    Some people DON'T KNOW how to use it.

I'm seriously not joking. Not everyone has the capability to use smartphones.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    You and others have made it quite clear that a lack of access to technology and an unlimited data plan means you're not worthy of participating in society.
    Lack of access?

It's totally accessible (and very cheap unless you want latest eyePhone), but some people still CHOOSE not to use it.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Hear! Hear!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    What are you complaining about? You and others have made it quite clear that a lack of access to technology and an unlimited data plan means you're not worthy of participating in society.

There's heaps of kids who couldn't access online classes during lockdown because their selfish parents decided food on the table and a roof over their head was more important than an internet connection.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    “Drinkers and diners from April 12 must comply with a toughening of the test and trace rules, which previously only required one person from each group to register their attendance on the NHS Covid app.

All customers must check-in under the new regulations, allowing the NHS to more easily contact anyone who may have been in contact with someone infected with the virus.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and...ap-2021-covid/

Shocking discrimination against people who don’t have smart phones!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

If night clubs are to re-open soon, they'll have to start doing wrinklies nights.
    Some night clubs are just not going to re-open.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post
    The youngest have already put their lives on hold/lost their jobs/education etc, largely to protect the oldies, despite themselves being at much reduced risk. If they then have to stand to one side and watch these same oldies living it up down the boozer with their vaccine certificates whilst they themselves are still waiting for their chance to get jabbed, then I'd expect (and hope for) a revolution - or perhaps a bit of civil disobedience.

If night clubs are to re-open soon, they'll have to start doing wrinklies nights.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    In the meantime ...

”Andrew Cuomo, the beleaguered Democratic governor, is confident that the Excelsior Pass – which is free and voluntary — will help New Yorkers swiftly and safely get back to concerts, comedy gigs, sports games and summer weddings.

New Yorkers are eligible for Excelsior Passes 14 days after receiving a second vaccination, or if they’ve had a negative PCR test in the past three days, or a negative rapid antigen test in the past six hours. The pass, which lasts for 30 days, generates a QR code that participating businesses can scan. Cuomo’s office says that “data is kept secure and confidential at all times”.

The arrival of the Excelsior Pass, which uses blockchain technology created by IBM, comes as the state races through vaccinations, after New York became the global epicentre of the coronavirus crisis. The state recorded a daily death toll of 758 on Easter Sunday last year. Haunting photographs on my phone from early last April show a deserted Times Square, the empty canyons of Manhattan and refrigerated trucks storing dead bodies outside hospitals.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/n...orts-rcl5f55xm

Blockchained pass, excellent!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    No vaccine passport needed for a pint in the pub

Pubgoers will be able to enjoy a pint without having to show a vaccine passport under plans to lift lockdown that will be unveiled tomorrow.

Boris Johnson will announce that a new NHS app confirming that the holder has had the jab, a recent negative test or Covid-19 in the previous six months will be needed to enter theatres, cinemas and sports and music events after June 21.

Bars and restaurants will not be included, a concession to rebel MPs. Pub gardens are due to open on April 12; indoor bars and restaurants on May 17. Ministers will consult the hospitality industry on how those venues will operate, and there is likely to be debate over where the line is drawn between a quiet puband a packed bar on a Friday night, where crowds can resemble those in a nightclub.

Johnson has expressed excitement at the prospect of a pub pint, and is also planning a trip to the barber’s. “Pubs, restaurants and non-essential retail won’t be required to introduce certification,” a source said.

Ministers have also decided that vaccine passports will not be used in shops, on public transport or in other public services.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/n...-pub-2v3pf3dc7

Leave a comment:

Working...
X