• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mr Potato Head: neutered"

Collapse

• MasterBait
    replied
    Potato lives matter

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Correct. 100% manufactured outrage, as if there isn't enough already. Got to keep the clicks coming!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I could feel outrage welling up when I read the initial post but reading the article it's just the line of toys that being re-branded. Potatohead is the line but Mr and Mrs Potatohead will stay so not really news.

Bearing in mind it was just the range title I hardly think it's promoting gender neutrality as each item still has a gender. It's just a brand and not related to gender. Seems a pretty minor woke decision that really affects absolutely no one to me but nothing wrong with the new name either. Actually suits the line of products better.

No outrage, just sadness we've got to this. Barbie in different skin tones/hair colour and a gender neutral doll. Absolutely, no issues there as well. Just catering new products to a different audience. Changing a brand name that isn't actually related to anything. Mehhhhh

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Purple potatoes are purple all the way through.
    Purple beans go green as soon as you cook them, which makes them kind of pointless as a novelty vegetable.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

But red skinned potatoes can have white flesh underneath them.
    Purple potatoes are purple all the way through.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I think it's discriminatory against other root vegetables.

What's up with celeriac head, swede head, plantain head, etc?

Why do they always use white potatoes in the marketing photos?
    But red skinned potatoes can have white flesh underneath them.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I think it's discriminatory against other root vegetables.

What's up with celeriac head, swede head, plantain head, etc?

Why do they always use white potatoes in the marketing photos?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Mx Potato head?

Leave a comment:

• mattster
    replied
    Tabloid hyperbole, apparently. They've only rebranded the company as "Potato Head", and are keeping the Mr and Mrs sets. If anything, this is a marketing oppurtunity, as they can now bring out separate sets for the other 64 genders.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I dunno, being boycotted by the Religious Right in the USA would be quite bad - in the UK that would be a tiny demographic but it's huge in America.
    They've probably created another reason to boycott them.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    I'm outraged they should have renamed it PoTheyTo Head to be properly inclusive.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No such thing as bad publicity.
    I dunno, being boycotted by the Religious Right in the USA would be quite bad - in the UK that would be a tiny demographic but it's huge in America.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    No such thing as bad publicity.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    started a topic Mr Potato Head: neutered

Mr Potato Head: neutered

Mr Potato Head to lose "Mr" title in gender-neutral rebrand

The rebranded toy, which can be assembled with a selection of different body parts and clothes, will be released in autumn this year, Hasbro said.

The company said the toy will allow children "to imagine and create their own Potato Head family".
    I'm glad to see these major problems are being tackled.

Working...
X