• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Women...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Women..."

Collapse

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am a little-England Brexiter! I don't care what happens beyond Dover.

But Dover is a bad place. ex-mrs-bp-1 came from there....
    Ben Dover ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Is that like a Little Englander?

No Japan was big on expanding the Empire.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The Japanese women I know and have known since childhood don't and didn't talk a lot even amongst themselves.
    So you've met with some Yakuza then...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Do they have that in Japan yet?
    I am a little-England Brexiter! I don't care what happens beyond Dover.

But Dover is a bad place. ex-mrs-bp-1 came from there....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    It's called "X-Gender".

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its very discriminatory. Against non-binary people....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Its very discriminatory. Against non-binary people....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I'd comment that all Japanese are little... but a)some would get their knickers in a twist b)it's not really true any more - people I know who went decades ago and were head-and-shoulders above everyone around them in Tokyo now say this is greatly diminished.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I assume Yoshiro was talking mainly about Japanese people. It's entirely possible that that IS culturally how people behave there, it would not surprise me at all from the little Japanese cultural experience I have.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The Japanese women I know and have known since childhood don't and didn't talk a lot even amongst themselves.

Then again I suppose who it is you are comparing them too.....
    In and out of work can be worlds apart, e.g. the salaryman who is super subservient at work then lets loose drinking and partying in the karaoke bar.

I'm curious that you've known Japanese women living in Japan since childhood. Penfriends?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I assume Yoshiro was talking mainly about Japanese people. It's entirely possible that that IS culturally how people behave there, it would not surprise me at all from the little Japanese cultural experience I have.

Then again I suppose who it is you are comparing them too.....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    You posted this while at a meeting??? I do wonder about some of you lot posting so much on here while you're supposed to be working.
    I've much practise at doing the HoL pose so posting is nothing.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    You posted this while at a meeting??? I do wonder about some of you lot posting so much on here while you're supposed to be working.
    Meetings are the only time I get to look at CUK

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    ...talk to much in meetings.

Mmm the meeting I'm currently in I can only hear blokes talking. One of the other women spoke no other women has yet bothered.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X