• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BoJos Winter Covid Plan"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Boris is clearly from another planet.
    That's Cummings.

Haven't you seen Spitting Image clips on YouTube?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The government needs all the inheritance tax they can get!
    Saves on pension payments too, and all the other benefits those scrounging old folks get for free whilst the hard working IT contractors bust a gut posting on CUK all day

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    BoJO and plan should not be used in the same sentence.
    He just makes it up as we go along.
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Oh I think we can - "We wish Boris's mother had used plan B".
    Boris is clearly from another planet.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Oh I think we can - "We wish Boris's mother had used plan B".

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You lost. Get over it.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
    It wasn't just me then who thought I'd wandered into some kind of waking nightmare... Highest death rate in a week - check
    Winter upon us - check
    NHS stretched to bursting point - check

Crowds back at sports - hang on what?
    Longer drinking time in pubs - eh?
    Crowds let back indoors - wtf?
    Go ahead and hug granny at Christmas - this is a wind up?

What the hell just happened?

The government needs all the inheritance tax they can get!

Leave a comment:

• GregRickshaw
    replied
    When I awoke from Lockdown

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And there is a floodgate about to open as well. It's not like we are plodding on like before the lockdown. The whole country is on the starting blocks to do everything allowed which is exactly what has sent the figure soaring. It's ******* ridiculous. We come out of a month lock down with numbers falling so we re-open everything that caused the numbers to rise, twice!! What the **** is that about? Sounds like he's gambling on vaccines being around to stem the next growth in cases in 3 months time.

Not a chance. It's the same people that haven't bothered following it from the start and see all this lockdown as nothing more than an interruption to their lives. Time to start fining people to fill the coffers, not the companies.
    It wasn't just me then who thought I'd wandered into some kind of waking nightmare... Highest death rate in a week - check
    Winter upon us - check
    NHS stretched to bursting point - check

Crowds back at sports - hang on what?
    Longer drinking time in pubs - eh?
    Crowds let back indoors - wtf?
    Go ahead and hug granny at Christmas - this is a wind up?

What the hell just happened?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Here is how Italy does it -

Italy's ski resorts in revolt as government says there will be no Christmas on the slopes

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by mattster View Post
    Anyway I've just told my Dad (84) that I won't be dragging the fam up to see him until he has had the vaccine, hopefully enough others will do similar.
    If you PM me his number, I'll give him a call too.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Quite possibly but the same could be said for every leader of every other country as well surely?
    No.

Boris Johnson boasted of shaking hands on day Sage warned not to | Politics | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't remember him making excuses for spikes before, he accepted people aren't following the rules.
    Are you a BoJo fanboy?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    He can show some leadership and do the right thing, which he regularly failed to do in the early stages of the pandemic. Of course some people will criticise. The problem is, he's not up to the job.
    Quite possibly but the same could be said for every leader of every other country as well surely?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So he should have done the right thing - from start by not making 2nd “lockdown” end in 4 weeks, which was obviously not enough.
    Totally agree. And come down harder on those not abiding by it as well. No good imposing all this when so many people don't give a toss.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    But he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
    So he should have done the right thing - from start by not making 2nd “lockdown” end in 4 weeks, which was obviously not enough.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X