• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Trying to steal an oil tanker...."

Collapse

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    they could be gay then all bets are off.
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Maybe that's why they wanted to play at being sailors?
    Any port in a storm...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Maybe that's why they wanted to play at being sailors?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    No good grounds for anyone from Nigeria to claim asylum. There are problems with Islamists groups etc but there are safe places and it is a reasonably democratic nation. Certainly no-one engaging in major criminal activities should be accepted.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    No good grounds for anyone from Nigeria to claim asylum. There are problems with Islamists groups etc but there are safe places and it is a reasonably democratic nation. Certainly no-one engaging in major criminal activities should be accepted.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Not if they manage to impregnate a woman or two, then they will be arguing they have a right to Family Life.
    No need to scatter your seed amongst the infidels, just get a cat
    The case of the cat deportation tale - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Not if they manage to impregnate a woman or two, then they will be arguing they have a right to Family Life.
    In England 20 years after Brexit? Unlikely

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    The charges will probably be some variation of international piracy, so they'll be hanged at Wapping. Wishful thinking, obviously, but they should be looking at 20 years followed by deportation.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    The charges will probably be some variation of international piracy, so they'll be hanged at Wapping. Wishful thinking, obviously, but they should be looking at 20 years followed by deportation.
    Yeah, right.

BBC - Tenth anniversary of hijacked Afghan plane at Stansted.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    They might prefer 20 years followed by hanging

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Crew were just threatened, no actual assaults, so if happened on a high street, they would just get a talking to, they were just innocent scared stowaways where crew had threatened to throw them overboard (will be the defence)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    And the stowaways got what they wanted, am I missing something here ?
    To get in to the UK with no fear or repercussion and a nice house + benefits.. yeah probably.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    I was watching this yesterday evening on ship radar 24.

There were 2 RNLI boats nearby I was assuming the SBS could have disguised themselves as RNLI, however helicopters, dressed in all black, flash grenades and armed with machine guns would send a better message!

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 26 October 2020, 15:26.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    I don't think part of their wishing to be in the UK was being detained under her majesty's pleasure. I suppose it's a case of being careful of what you wish for....
    Crew were just threatened, no actual assaults, so if happened on a high street, they would just get a talking to, they were just innocent scared stowaways where crew had threatened to throw them overboard (will be the defence)

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    When I worked for a Lloyd's insurance agency years ago we modelled something like this. Pre WTC we'd looked at a plane crashing into the twin towers but not both towers; next we looked at other 'similar' types of attacks and to us hijacking a tanker and sending it full speed into a port was feasible. So, not surprised this has happened, just surprised it's taken so long.

Will watch this story with interest.
    Boffins at Lloyds think a plane can crash into a building more than once.

Was this a unobtainium made plane?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    And the stowaways got what they wanted, am I missing something here ?
    I don't think part of their wishing to be in the UK was being detained under her majesty's pleasure. I suppose it's a case of being careful of what you wish for....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X