• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wear A Mask Everywhere"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
    As someone who jets off to climb at high altitude I would be wary of such a cheap device. When I bought my pulse oximeter it was the brand the hospital doctors were using. It was £60 or so fifteen years ago. It would be best to look at current recommendations and also try it on two fingers of both hands to take the lowest reading provided. With your health condition it is best to aim to minimise the chance of error.
    Thanks for this.
    Might be good idea to upgrade
    The prices have actually risen steeply for these I suppose owing to Covid the exact one I have is now nearly £28! now on Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    My imaginary partner ha a Nonin GO2. 170 quid.

Leave a comment:

• rogerfederer
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
    I am late to the party again on this one.
    A pulse oximeter is a nice thing, I got mine for 7.99 on amazon and an an overtly lovely 7.99 well spent it was.

HOWEVER a pulse oximeter IS A ONE TRICK PONY. To both quote and paraphrase the late Stuart Baggs if you need a pulse oximeter you actually need a field full of differently tricked ponies because the one trick pony that is a pulse oximeter on its own will not cut it. My tool of choice is a half decent doctor who knows what they are doing. Finding one of those these days is very difficult.
    As someone who jets off to climb at high altitude I would be wary of such a cheap device. When I bought my pulse oximeter it was the brand the hospital doctors were using. It was £60 or so fifteen years ago. It would be best to look at current recommendations and also try it on two fingers of both hands to take the lowest reading provided. With your health condition it is best to aim to minimise the chance of error.

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yes these so-called medical experts keep disagreeing with you. They must be idiots.
    Which of the previous 73 posts was this in reference to?

All 73 might well be a valid answer.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Yes these so-called medical experts keep disagreeing with you. They must be idiots.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    Lol I'm ignorant? Maybe you're ignorant?...

I have a pulse oximeter at home. I know what it is.

Sorry if my grammar wasn't perfectly on point, I am not british.
    I am late to the party again on this one.
    A pulse oximeter is a nice thing, I got mine for 7.99 on amazon and an an overtly lovely 7.99 well spent it was.

HOWEVER a pulse oximeter IS A ONE TRICK PONY. To both quote and paraphrase the late Stuart Baggs if you need a pulse oximeter you actually need a field full of differently tricked ponies because the one trick pony that is a pulse oximeter on its own will not cut it. My tool of choice is a half decent doctor who knows what they are doing. Finding one of those these days is very difficult.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    I guess it'll be a little more muffled.
    Try these

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    As I said, replace "mask" with "trousers" and see how their arguments sound.
    I guess it'll be a little more muffled.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by founder View Post
    And I'm seen as a nutter for sharing a David Icke video
    Careful, the Giant Alien Lizards might be listening.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Coronavirus: Liverpool crowds 'shame our city'

Pictures of large crowds gathering in Liverpool two hours before new Covid-19 restrictions came into effect "shame our city", its mayor has said. Footage on social media showed people dancing and surrounding a police car in Concert Square at 22:00 BST

The video tells it all

Coronavirus: Liverpool crowds '''shame our city''' - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by founder View Post
    That just show exactly how deep the conspiracy runs.

Mods, Banhammer please!

Leave a comment:

• founder
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Coronavirus UK:BMA say masks should be worn outside and in work places | Metro News

Top doctors have slammed the Government’s ‘inconsistent’ coronavirus restrictions and urged them to make masks mandatory outside and in all work places.

The British Medical Association (BMA) said the inconsistency of the Government’s messaging after the first lockdown was lifted played a part in the resurgence of the virus.

They have published a set of recommendations they think will have a ‘positive effect’ if ‘introduced quickly’.

The BMA say people should have to wear facemasks in all outdoor settings where they cannot stay two metres away from each other and in all office and working environments.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    And men, particularly old ones, are more likely to die of Covid.

Leaving happy wives if they have a decent pension.
    Covid is just dangerous enough to be a very real problem, but not dangerous enough to scare people who realise the odds of serious problems are low. I wonder if we'd have fewer deaths if it were more deadly, since people would be more concerned?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Unlike London, nearly everybody knows everybody. There are a few old fogies (men) I know who refuse and claim to the shop they are exempt. There are dozens of local youths between 18 - 25 who are always together out on the streets and they all claim to be exempt when they shop. Strangely, women of all ages wear a mask and the people I know with respiratory conditions all wear a mask. It's very much a male macho thing not to wear one.
    And men, particularly old ones, are more likely to die of Covid.

Leaving happy wives if they have a decent pension.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X