• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Women's clothing sizes"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    In this day and age it certainly isn't....
    Extraterrestrial life science disagrees.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    You promised not to mention that. I was so nearly cured...
    if only there wasn't video

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Gingham dress.
    You promised not to mention that. I was so nearly cured...

Edit: Join Date Apr 2018. So there is such a thing as reincarnation...

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Gingham dress.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    That is a question for science.
    In this day and age it certainly isn't....

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Mordy is a woman?
    That is a question for science.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Mordy is a woman?
    Only on-stage occasionally, and that hasn't happened since the late 1980's (Monty Python sketch, in the last 6th form end-of-term show before they were banned. I don't think that was entirely down to me...)

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Mordy is a woman?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    FTFY
    Harsh, but fair...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Alternatively, nobody working in a Bangladeshi sweat shop on 30p a day has the faintest idea how fat western women actually are.

(Getting ready to waddle away now...)
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    I think that it's called "vanity sizing". All shops have their own take on this dependant on their customer demographics.
    Alternatively, nobody working in a Bangladeshi sweat shop on 30p a day has the faintest idea how fat western women actually are.

(Getting ready to run away now...)

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Probably explains why there are a lot of private sellers on eBay selling clothes which are BNWT (brand new with tags).
    That and theft.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    All three were "mid-rise". The 24" waist was ridiculous for a size 12.
    Actually that would fit me - I'm 'blessed' with a big arse and a narrow waist, I need to wear belts or they would be baggy around the top (I used to have a Turkish tailor I would go to in London, who would adjust my new clothes to fit - I miss him...)

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Yes it is I'm afraid. Buying clothes online is rubbish - this is why people send most stuff back (I can't be arsed).

If you have just one or two sites that send you stuff that fits you tend to stick to them.
    Probably explains why there are a lot of private sellers on eBay selling clothes which are BNWT (brand new with tags).

Leave a comment:

• Anonimouse
    replied
    (Not for me you understand )

The OH bought 3 different pairs of jeans on-line, all size 12. I measured the waist with a tape measure and one was 33", one was 30" and one was even 24".

Is that par for the course?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X