• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Old Gregg and other Anti Contractors"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Posters responded to you with sound advice, but you didn't like the advice and threw a hissy. To most posters what you seemed to be asking was how to evade tax; this doesn't go down well on a professional forum.
    Pscont??

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonPM1 View Post
    I agree. I be come to live with the fact that general is a zoo best avoided. You won’t get intelligent discussion on here. Best to hang out in the other business accounting area

I wish there would be discussion about fx rates investments equities fixed income trading with eu or pensions or commercial property and residential property prices but no. This forum is about atw and Wandsworth protégés
    Oh, I wouldn't advise that either unless you have something specific to discuss.

..and you just haven't found the right thread if you want to talk about shares and pensions.

Other than that I would advise going to MoneySavingExpert forums, but be aware - they are tougher on bulltulipters than we are.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Arguments require contrary positions.
    No they don't.......

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    That's not an argument. That's contradiction.
    Arguments require contrary positions.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    No it isn’t.
    That's not an argument. That's contradiction.

Leave a comment:

• BABABlackSheep
    replied
    Originally posted by Shackattack View Post
    There seems to be an inordinate amount of anti contractors on here, which given this is a contractors forum seems a bit of a contradiction, question is are these guys being paid to push anti contractor sentiment? Wouldn't surprise me.
    They are just old and bitter.

Others are young and naive.

Life is too short for conflict. Just chill..anything is better still than being a permie.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Not really. No one posted on saying I have the same problem and this is how I worked around it

But they did go to great length discussing why retirement should be the answer

Anyway it got something like 5k++ views so either a very interesting thread for everyone or highly entertaining. My view is it was highly Relevant and interesting rather than entertaining
    Maybe, just maybe, the reason no one else agreed that they had the same problem is because no one has the same problem. £75k as a passive income is significant - not huge, but as a passive income it is quite large.

What you clearly got initially was honest answers that, in the same situation, many on here would retire and enjoy the income. You may not have liked that answer, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a set of honest views.

As for a workaround, there isn't one ... at least, without going all tax evasion (illegal) there aren't any obvious solutions. Again, you didn't like this honest answer and started going all hissy ... this is when the thread went downhill. Maybe had you accepted the comments initially as honest then you wouldn't have had the following micky taking.

If you're seriously in this situation and you really have this much income then as you're not getting the answer you want on here why not pay to get tax advice? This would be the professional thing to do - then come back on here and share your newly learned wisdom.

As for the views - you'll find it's because it was entertaining and not because others found it interesting.
    Last edited by Whorty; 16 September 2020, 20:50.

Leave a comment:

• LondonPM1
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Posters responded to you with sound advice, but you didn't like the advice and threw a hissy. To most posters what you seemed to be asking was how to evade tax; this doesn't go down well on a professional forum.
    Not really. No one posted on saying I have the same problem and this is how I worked around it

But they did go to great length discussing why retirement should be the answer

Anyway it got something like 5k++ views so either a very interesting thread for everyone or highly entertaining. My view is it was highly Relevant and interesting rather than entertaining

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    IANCOTBAC

I thought I had to pay for the argument, not be paid.
    If you want to pay for the argument, please send a cheque or postal order to:
    ContractorUK
    Arguments
    Support
    Handling

And we will endeavour to provide you with the level of service you deserve.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    If you had £1 for every time LPM flounced, or promised it then reneged, you’d have a lot more than £20
    IANCOTBAC

I thought I had to pay for the argument, not be paid.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    No it isn’t.
    yes it is

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    With respect I tried to start a thread on the perm contractor tax topic to try and touch some of these subjects.

But all of the AndyW mums sockies come out of woodwork and terrorise the thread

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I didn't know there was a £20 argument! This is fun!

If you had £1 for every time LPM flounced, or promised it then reneged, you’d have a lot more than £20

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    No it isn’t.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X