• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Some dodgy dealings here by client....."

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Still don't see what the issue is. You have to quarantine, either you WFH or you take 2 weeks unpaid.
    1. Keyboard changers can't work at home.
    2. He was relying on his NMW gig to repay the hardship loan he blagged form the social, after deliberately breaking his fridge, to pay for his holiday.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Still don't see what the issue is. You have to quarantine, either you WFH or you take 2 weeks unpaid.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    One of our guys just came back from Spain. He's in quarantine but WFH until he can go back to the office. Everyone is fine with this. Why can't PC WFH?
    He can’t work in the first place, maybe that’s why?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    One of our guys just came back from Spain. He's in quarantine but WFH until he can go back to the office. Everyone is fine with this. Why can't PC WFH?
    Because he deosn't work in the office either...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Best case scenario, they courier the keyboards that need cleaning to his hovel. But how do you square that with him being in quarantine for Covid?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    They really do think you are their permie. You are their permie, but without rights.

I just got back from Mallorca. The client asked if I had a nice time.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    yes I think I might strop ;-)
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    surprisingly, despite being a bit of a valley command, you're wrong there....
    KUATB. I've already corrected him.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    PC is most definitely a Liebour voter
    surprisingly, despite being a bit of a valley command, you're wrong there....

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    He's one of those cringing impoverished Tory voters who thinks that a bunch of Toffs will see him right.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    yes I think I might stop ;-)
    Yeah. Seems unlikely as that would mean you've started.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You trusted the (Tory!) Govt over yer CUK buddies and went against MY (!) Official advice

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Why've I been an idiot?

I went to spain when government said it was ok to go. They changed the rules when I was there. Of course, I knew it was a risk.
    You trusted the (Tory!) Govt over yer CUK buddies and went against MY (!) Official advice

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Tell your client that it’s not Official until I say so.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Yep they do think I'm a very expensive permie without a doubt.....
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Don't be silly now.

Demonstrates that Red Adair was right... "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X