• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Garmin ransomware attack"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It was working earlier, but the website seems to be down again.
    They’ve followed advice to turn it off, right now they are trying to figure out how to turn it on again

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Bastards - now that it’s fixed I got no excuse to avoid bike

P.S. Still in maintenance (Connect app)

It was working earlier, but the website seems to be down again.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Bastards - now that it’s fixed I got no excuse to avoid bike

P.S. Still in maintenance (Connect app)

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    It appears to be mostly up and running again.

I wonder will this stop my watch from sticking at "Saving"?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Back to tried and tested technology then

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Affected me
    Me too I think. Was trying to download some more Birds Eye maps but wasn't working.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    My eTrex 30x is too old to be affected by this.
    Is it mechanical with 18k gold and diamonds?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    My eTrex 30x is too old to be affected by this.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    They had intensity minutes algo broken for weeks so it was like exercising for free

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I have an Elemnt Bolt (Wahoo) for my cycling so doesn't impact me from that side, but I do have a Tacx NEO2 trainer so best not try and update firmware on that just in case

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    It synced my morning exercise yesterday, nothing since. Oh well, too bad. Will just have to wait until they've fixed it.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I won't put my garmin in to charge after my 10 mile run there.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Ransomware only works because of cryptotulips - hopefully it will be a wake up call to ban them en mass - ironically it would make Pooper millions due to plummeting “value”, if his “broker” pays out

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    Yeah, my run from yesterday still hasn't uploaded to Strava. I could do it manually, but...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Affected me

Leave a comment:

Working...
X