• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Did anyone use their lockdown time profitably?"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    This is the key to good pizza, thin base and a *really* hot oven.
    A good way to transfer the base to the pan is to roll it around a rolling pin (gently, you don't want to push the layers together), then unroll into the pan.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Same here. Once it clicks it's like "how was this so difficult?". I found the key was to think of my hands moving in opposing circles catching and releasing the balls rather than going up and down and throwing them.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    That link isn’t working for me..
    Pizza dough recipe - BBC Food

slap this in your browser

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Well the big things I planned to do never happened - more exercise / give up smoking

But I had a lot of crafting time which is nice so been making things

I also seem to have saved a bit of cash - so now I am contemplating a workshop of some sort !

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    MF ate it.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Sure I use this one:-

Recipes - BBC Food

I always use 00 flour and I have a stand mixer to kneed it. The dough will last fine in the fridge for a couple of days - in fact it improves it.
    I also use a good yeast, I buy Fermipan and keep it in the freezer. It seems to work much quicker that the stuff you get in the supermarket.

I roll mine out as thin as possible and I found having the oven as hot as possible (240 fan) helps.
    Also it cooks in 8 minutes.

I top with passata, grated cheese, onion, peppers, mushroom, basil and anything else people want. I also found that too much cheese can be detrimental and I LOVE my cheese

HTH

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

Recipes - BBC Food

I always use 00 flour and I have a stand mixer to kneed it. The dough will last fine in the fridge for a couple of days - in fact it improves it.
    I also use a good yeast, I buy Fermipan and keep it in the freezer. It seems to work much quicker that the stuff you get in the supermarket.

I roll mine out as thin as possible and I found having the oven as hot as possible (240 fan) helps.

I top with passata, grated cheese, onion, peppers, mushroom, basil and anything else people want. I also found that too much cheese can be detrimental and I LOVE my cheese

HTH
    This is the key to good pizza, thin base and a *really* hot oven.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I've spent lockdown becoming better friends with Gove and Cummings - Firm with links to Gove and Cummings given Covid-19 contract without open tender | Politics | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Now, bake all our own bread, press our own burgers, kneed pizzas and use a lot more local produce than we did. Bins nearly half as full every fortnight.
    You need to stop that sort of thing right now.

Imagine what state the economy will be in if everyone carried on consuming less.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I made a profit of around £50k during lockdown selling overpriced gloves, chalk, jigsaws and tat to idiots who spent too much time buying junk on Amazon Prime

We're proud of you, you filthy spekulant.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I made a profit of around £50k during lockdown selling overpriced gloves, chalk, jigsaws and tat to idiots who spent too much time buying junk on Amazon Prime
    Glad to see you've carried your respect for your customer base from contracting to retail.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    can you share a pizza recipe that works? I have problems getting the bake right.

Recipes - BBC Food

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    It was utterly cataclysmic for my business, I had to loan money in to keep it going. But I've managed to drop some stuff that I was not wanting to do, get rid of the freeloaders that kept me doing it. That has allowed me to sign a much bigger deal with a far bigger client who wanted exclusivity.

In 6 months time I think I will look back and see the chaos as having been transformational for my own situation. Just a shame 40k pensioners had to get sacrificed for it.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Same here - except its a husband and I didnt do any work.
    BUT I have made some great bread and we will never get takeaway pizza again as home made is soooo much better. My daughter has started to sew her own clothes and i have made a load of funky face masks for family and friends.
    can you share a pizza recipe that works? I have problems getting the bake right.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X