• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "When the agent knows hes gonna struggle on this one"

Collapse

• GmartSuy
    replied
    Ahh an FTC, a permi but with a fixed end date. Surprisingly not an oxymoron.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    For a finance house, not DVLA...
    Usually they run the model of:
    - 1/3 bod salary,
    - 1/3 back-office headcount, assets depreciation, equipment, rent, employee finding fee etc
    - 1/3 profit.
    *there might be some leeway but limited by bod downtime, relocation costs, visa costs etc.

So minimum a consultancy would go for is at least 3x min salary a bod would take.
    40k x 3 = 120k / 228 = £526pd

Or at least that is what I've heard.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Infosys blended rate is about £500 a day

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    For a finance house, not DVLA...

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    infosys supplies resource at a rate of £200/day
    so even they would not take it up
    Infosys blended rate is about £500 a day

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    infosys supplies resource at a rate of £200/day
    so even they would not take it up

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well he's contacting you isn't he.

Maybe he's looking for some idiot that posts everything in professional forums only to have them constantly moved to general as they don't have the common sense to work out where it should go.

Harsh, but fair observation.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Maybe he's looking for some idiot that posts everything in professional forums only to have them constantly moved to general as they don't have the common sense to work out where it should go.
    oi oi

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I do often wonder what sort of candidates they get for these sort of roles?

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    £39k was a lot more than I was getting in my little wind down to retirement job baffling the hoi polloi with electronics.

It's Swansea, boyo, there's tidy then, what did you expect?

Leave a comment:

• elsergiovolador
    replied
    Roles with rates like this I have seen filled with people from the new EU countries who had no experience working in the UK and needed some "history" in their CVs. After a year or two they would have moved on to something better paid.

Leave a comment:

• GigiBronz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    or
    It's in Swansea.
    Even if you work remotely, you'd still feel strange that your data VPNed from there.

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And in the teeth of a massive unemployment shock. 39k p.a. is about 75th centile.
    Neah, the gov won't let that happen. Think people have started to wise up and they'll start going after the establishment.
    They'll throw bulltulip jobs at them, COVID tracers at 27£/h, brexit paper pushers looking after imports etc...

Otherwise you'll get plenty of these erected:

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    or
    It's in Swansea.
    And in the teeth of a massive unemployment shock. 39k p.a. is about 75th centile.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    Wonder what is worse...
    FTC that you know it ends on a certain date but with a bit more rights in between
    or
    a perm role with limited to no rights that you can get fired anytime.
    or
    It's in Swansea.

Leave a comment:

• PCTNN
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
    Inside?
    "we can't tell you this now, maybe after the interview"

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    This is an advert for Infosys/wipro to provide cheap resources. Who knows they will engage in a bidding war and bring the costs down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X