• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just how stupid are contractors?"

Collapse

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    I'm working with a guy who has self declared inside refusing to take the QDOS assessment for £100.... We've both got a renewal until September but I will be around £20K better off. He panicked, took a perm offer then rejected it for an inside day rate.
    Makes you wonder. Even if I *were* acting inside, I'd take the 20k, and the qdos IR35 insurance, and hope for the best.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

For supposedly intelligent contractors some of you can be ******* muppets where money is concerned!!

It's the lack of reading comprehension I don't get - what does partial, split, divide, share mean and why does it appear after the word money...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

For supposedly intelligent contractors some of you can be ******* muppets where money is concerned!!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Oi! I Like HP Sauce, THE ONLY SAUCE TO HAVE ON GAMMON!
    Cannibal!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Oi! I Like HP Sauce, THE ONLY SAUCE TO HAVE ON BACON!
    I used to disagree with everything they said about you. I just changed my mind....

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    I'm working with a guy who declared himself inside because he couldn't think of anyone that he could send in as a substitute offhand.
    I'm working with a guy who has self declared inside refusing to take the QDOS assessment for £100.... We've both got a renewal until September but I will be around £20K better off. He panicked, took a perm offer then rejected it for an inside day rate.

Leave a comment:

• FIERCE TANK BATTLE
    replied
    I'm working with a guy who declared himself inside because he couldn't think of anyone that he could send in as a substitute offhand.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Working with him for 3 years now. First year he had no idea who I was. After a year he mentioned CUK and said "But I don't know any posters on there". I asked "Are there any posters you rate". His response "BrilloPad is pretty good".

Its one of the reasons I keep hanging round though I should have left ages ago.

Of course, it might be better if I just posted nonsense. But I don't want to tread on your toes. What can one expect from someone who likes HP sauce?
    Oi! I Like HP Sauce, THE ONLY SAUCE TO HAVE ON BACON!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    Tell him about the pastie guy. In exactly the same position as contractors. Instead of spending 20 years whining and fighting in the courts, he just paid off the politicians and sorted out out in a week.

Always makes me laugh.

All it needed was a bribe.
    Is this like Greggs pasties? Doesn't NF like Greggs pasties? I can't see NF bribing anyone - but if so top man!

Leave a comment:

• hugebrain
    replied
    I sit next to a very long time lurker on CUK. He already thought contractors were really stupid - but threads of the last few weeks have really made him despair.

What can I say to cheers him up?
    Tell him about the pastie guy. In exactly the same position as contractors. Instead of spending 20 years whining and fighting in the courts, he just paid off the politicians and sorted out out in a week.

Always makes me laugh.

All it needed was a bribe.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Tell him you've gone permie so the average IQ went up a few points
    After April, he will be the only contractor in the (quite large) financial services company. And he is outside IR35. Awesome.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I sit next to a very long time lurker on CUK. He already thought contractors were really stupid - but threads of the last few weeks have really made him despair.

What can I say to cheers him up?
    Tell him you've gone permie so the average IQ went up a few points

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Working with him for 3 years now. First year he had no idea who I was. After a year he mentioned CUK and said "But I don't know any posters on there". I asked "Are there any posters you rate". His response "BrilloPad is pretty good".

Its one of the reasons I keep hanging round though I should have left ages ago.

Of course, it might be better if I just posted nonsense. But I don't want to tread on your toes. What can one expect from someone who likes HP sauce?
    Was this a monologue and you're coming out as schizophrenic?

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Like I have said before - if there is any positive aspect of the changes - it will be to purge the market of the permitractors.

Hopefully with time the market will calm down and private sector will start taking more notice/care about working practices. Just like the public sector did.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    The purveyors of schemes rely on it.
    On Friday I got a report that someone is using the name "Contractor UK" for their scheme marketing.

Admin, Cojak, WTFH and NAT have all confirmed it has nothing to do with them..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X