• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Permie boom

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Permie boom"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Maybe it would, at least for as long as the contract lasted but contracting does not fit my life style right now.
    That is totally the nail on the head right there. It's all about what works for you.

Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied

I hope it proves to be all you want it to be.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Congrats? Well done?

Maybe an average £500 per day contract would have been better?

Have one of these anyway .... until you're back on the correct side of the fence
    Maybe it would, at least for as long as the contract lasted but contracting does not fit my life style right now.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Congratulations.

Enjoy the shock when you look at the tax take. Especially got marginal tax rate of over £100k.
    Get some training and set yourself the target of breaking their record.

Oh. And if the shares aren’t actual shares then they’re worthless as they are just there to keep you. Jam tomorrow.
    *shrug*

I will be taking home well north of 5k a month, that is enough for me to live a comfortable life especially as the job is an interesting one.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Congrats. I never doubted it for a minute..

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    congrats MUN its what suits you now so enjoy! When you get old and embittered you can post twaddle when people do better than you, like some did on this thread!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Sounds a total drag. Enjoy your 360 degree appraisals!

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

You know full well it would.
    By quite a bit.

But shares.......

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    This is a permie role rather than a contract but as promised I am updating with the final result ... got the contract to sign today!

Salary confirmed as 6 figures + bonus, shares etc, flexible working hours including being able to work from home and the team seem a really good bunch! Apparently in 9 years no one has ever resigned ... but with packages like that I am not surprised.

I went in to the interview honestly thinking I was wasting everyone's time but their feedback was that I could not have done better!

I am absolutely elated!!!
    Congrats? Well done?

Have one of these anyway .... until you're back on the correct side of the fence

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Congratulations.

Enjoy the shock when you look at the tax take. Especially got marginal tax rate of over £100k.
    Get some training and set yourself the target of breaking their record.

Oh. And if the shares aren’t actual shares then they’re worthless as they are just there to keep you. Jam tomorrow.

Have a banana anyway.... *scratches head looking for emojis on a phone*

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Permie, you say. Well **** off.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    I am updating with the final result ... got the contract to sign today!

Apparently in 9 years no one has ever resigned
    Hmmmm....I wonder why....?

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    On guard!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    YACNCOTBAC

Otherwise, ditto cojak.