• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What's your 12 year-old buying on eBay?"

Collapse

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You can try it yourself:

https://www.instructables.com/id/Bui...usion-Reactor/

But with all these things, you put more energy in than you get out, so it's not really that useful.
    Pseudo-science at its finest. You need millions of degrees to get the deuterium nucleus to fuse with another.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    In the mid '80s we managed to fire a small plastic projectile about 60 feet in the air using a plastic pipe. The people from the TA place across the road were politely firm about it.
    I'm not surprised they were peeved, you had more serious hardware than they did...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    it's not like the good old days where you could buy Sodium Chlorate at the local hardware shop, a bag of sugar, find some copper pipe in your dad's shed and blow up a railway bridge (like I did when I was 15). Problem being, it kinda gets you noticed
    In the mid '80s we managed to fire a small plastic projectile about 60 feet in the air using a plastic pipe. The people from the TA place across the road were politely firm about it.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Kid next door bought 3 Glocks, a Barrett 50 cal, and a Sherman Tank.

The Sherman was a misdescription so he send the Tommy Cooker back for a refund.

Should I be worried?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    it's not like the good old days where you could buy Sodium Chlorate at the local hardware shop, a bag of sugar, find some copper pipe in your dad's shed and blow up a railway bridge (like I did when I was 15). Problem being, it kinda gets you noticed

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    That's amazing the sun requires a temperature of millions of degrees for nuclear fusion and here it is at room temperature.
    Yeah, but this thing requires 40KV. The sun just needs gravity.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    That's amazing the sun requires a temperature of millions of degrees for nuclear fusion and here it is at room temperature.

A friend of mine's 13 year old son built a time machine, now just rusting in the cellar.

Great stuff

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    You can try it yourself:

https://www.instructables.com/id/Bui...usion-Reactor/

But with all these things, you put more energy in than you get out, so it's not really that useful.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    When I was 12 I got no mention at all for discovering a method of captivating methane gas by farting in the bath and collecting the bubbles.
    And it's still your greatest achievement...

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    He got like 300 words in the guardian for a nuclear reaction.

Ahmed Mohamed got 20 columns for making some kind of digital clock.
    When I was 12 I got no mention at all for discovering a method of captivating methane gas by farting in the bath and collecting the bubbles.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Ahmed could join Cheshire Constabulary, Jackson can't!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    WML!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    started a topic What's your 12 year-old buying on eBay?

What's your 12 year-old buying on eBay?

Boy, 12, said to have created nuclear reaction in playroom lab | Environment | The Guardian

Fookinell...

Working...
X