• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: foia

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "foia"

Collapse

• woohoo
    replied
    I suppose if you are a women, you could take your daily rate and add 30%, that should give you a good idea of what us men earn.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    How very odd.

How would that help one bleed radiators or lick the chutney spoon?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    It is the culture in India to try and find out what others are earning and then focus on somehow getting paid more till you are the highest earner. I worked with an indian chap who spent every lunch time trying to find my rate so he can get the clientco to pay him the same rate. Pretty blatant and shameless pig, eventually got out of there and good riddance!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    And have you ever licked the chutney spoon and put it back ?

Have the other contractors with the same client done this ??
    What do you feel about squirrels?

Sheep in stockings or not?

every been up the ....... oops better stop!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    e.g. MF has 2 years experience cleaning the toilets in the BA Silver lounge at T5. That doesn't mean he should be on the same rate as Steve, the head barman in the Concorde Room, who has been doing the job for 5.
    yeah but MF's rate is per pound!

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Why does the op think GDPR will give him rates of other contractors???

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    And how good are you at radiator bleeding??
    And have you ever licked the chutney spoon and put it back ?

Have the other contractors with the same client done this ??

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Following Cojak's lead:

Do you like films about Gladiators?
    And how good are you at radiator bleeding??

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by saurabh1 View Post
    Hi

Will it be possible to use foia/gdpr to obtain day rates of other contractors working on my public sector client.
    Following Cojak's lead:

Do you like films about Gladiators?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Hi

Will it be possible to use foia/gdpr to obtain day rates of other contractors working on my public sector client.
    It’s none of your business what rate others are paid. You should negotiate a rate of which you are happy with. You either accept the rate and get on with the job or reject it and find another contract.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Ask the other contractors I meant

Tell them yours 1st if they laugh you are below market rate
    But "market rate" is based on a lot of variables. Three contractors doing the identical job could have different rates based on:
    1. Experience before contracting in that client
    2. Experience with that client
    3. Intermediaries
    4. Negotiating skills

And if the other contractors are not doing the identical job, then rate discussions are even more futile.

e.g. MF has 2 years experience cleaning the toilets in the BA Silver lounge at T5. That doesn't mean he should be on the same rate as Steve, the head barman in the Concorde Room, who has been doing the job for 5.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Will they have to tell me, what if they say no?
    Ask the other contractors I meant

Tell them yours 1st if they laugh you are below market rate

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Take them all out get them pissed and then ask them. It won't be much use to you when you get yourself binned the next morning again though.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    So, the answer is no (apart from 1 who recognised that this is General).

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Will they have to tell me, what if they say no?
    No they won't have to tell you.
    If they say no, then you will have your answer.

Looking at your posting history, I'm not sure that contracting is for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X