• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: EUSSR again!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "EUSSR again!!!"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    I thought the UK one was bad but that one bottom right looks bloody evil!
    That's US earthed. Normal US just has two bendy thin straight pins.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Surely it would be better to take the standard one level up and standardise the power supply first. Then we can do away with the plugs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_...ity_by_country
    Might cause a dip in needful doings whilst they're sorting this stuff out

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Surely it would be better to take the standard one level up and standardise the power supply first. Then we can do away with the plugs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_...ity_by_country

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Thats the great thing about Standards, there's so many to chose from.

The late Douglas Adams had a right thing about mains adaptors.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    Which one of those hurts the most when you stand on it with bare feet? I thought the UK one was bad but that one bottom right looks bloody evil!
    The round one with three rectangular pins (chinese I think) looks lethal.

I Have tried impaling myself on half of the others, the edges on the rectangular ones are the most painful.

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I’m all for standardisation but at a global level please. Can we start with plugs?

Which one of those hurts the most when you stand on it with bare feet? I thought the UK one was bad but that one bottom right looks bloody evil!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    How's that working out for Venezuela and Turkey? Do you know anything about economics?
    If you're German, why give a stuff about the Turkish economy?

They've not cared about the Greek economy beyond it not *completely* tanking to the extent that it reverts to drachma.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    I’m all for standardisation but at a global level please. Can we start with plugs?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Italian bond yields now on par with Canada, tell Ambrose.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Meanwhile Italian bond spreads edge towards default risk.

Yes, chargers.
    ah of course the Euro is about to collapse ?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I just want my headphone jack back.

Actually I've never lost it, refuse to upgrade to a phone without a headphone jack.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Do you know anything about economics?
    What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    How's that working out for Venezuela and Turkey? Do you know anything about economics?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If they do that then EUR plummets and the next weak southern sovereign state will enter crisis as import costs spiral. This is called, painting yourself into a corner.
    Lower EUR rate is great for exporters like Germany.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    If they do that then EUR plummets and the next weak southern sovereign state will enter crisis as import costs spiral.

This is called, painting yourself into a corner.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X