• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh Dear: Trouble at Mill, problems at home"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I think in English it's called a conservatory.

My cat comes in through the cat flap in the early hours and then meows loudly in the hope that someone will come down and feed her. We just ignore her.
    Hi NAT,

that's exactly the problem

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    one of our cats wakes the wife up by nibbling her foot, one morning we chucked him out so we could go back to sleep, a minute later there was a scream - Miss Micro V had been woken by the cat.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    We invested in a catflap for one of the glass panels of the winter garten
    I think in English it's called a conservatory.

My cat comes in through the cat flap in the early hours and then meows loudly in the hope that someone will come down and feed her. We just ignore her.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Action-Powe...TWVEG357MBMMBP

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Reverse psychology doesn’t work, which is a shame, cause you could tape up the flap lightly and they would then try to get in

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    If it bleeds, we can kill it

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Ear plugs and ignore. Started wearing ear plugs after living next to an airport. You think a cat is loud!

Have to say though the pilots weren't bothered about me ignoring them, they never tired of unnecessarily revving their jet engines over the house.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 20 June 2018, 17:29.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    You do just have to ignore them unfortunately. They eventually get the message. Eventually.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    This is just one of many reasons never to own a cat.

My solution would involve a sack, some bricks and a trip to a deep lake.
    fine for the wife but what about the cat?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    This is just one of many reasons never to own a cat.

My solution would involve a sack, some bricks and a trip to a deep lake.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I married a crazy cat lady, there is no solution, if you make every accommodation possible to the cat it will still find a way to piss you off.

Best result I found was to kick the wife at 3am, swear at her and tell her to sort out that f&*3king cat or I will give it a hessian sack bath,
    I've met your lovely wife and as delightful as she is I'd suggest you've got this the wrong way round

we came to a compromise and she got another kitten.
    Way to go girl.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I married a crazy cat lady, there is no solution, if you make every accommodation possible to the cat it will still find a way to piss you off.

Best result I found was to kick the wife at 3am, swear at her and tell her to sort out that f&*3king cat or I will give it a hessian sack bath, we came to a compromise and she got another kitten.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    cat flap lessons. catnip. ear plugs.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Wake them up throughout the day.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    If you've had them neutered you could try getting it reversed. When they wake up at 4am with a morning glory they'll bugger off looking for a source of relief for a bit and come back and have a post nookie nap till midday.
    Works a treat I can tell you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X