• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dell outlet

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dell outlet"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Does your cat have rather large testicles? too?
    Don't have a cat.

And all the other cats that have enslaved me have been neutered...

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Asus are crap.

I've had a Lenovos, Asus, HP and Dell laptops and the only laptop that fell apart before I got p*ssed off with it was the Asus.

Being more serious you need to do your research on what is and isn't a business level laptop - the Lenovo Z50 isn't one.

(I'm writing this on a Dell XPS.)
    Does your cat have rather large testicles? too?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    Ive got a Lenovo Z50. Its crap. The keyboard is crap, it misses 'x' key and others unless given a hefty shove. The sound is abysmal and the left touchpad button went sticky after a couple of months use so had to switch the functionality to the right button instead.

Go Asus. I would.
    Asus are crap.

I've had a Lenovos, Asus, HP and Dell laptops and the only laptop that fell apart before I got p*ssed off with it was the Asus.

Being more serious you need to do your research on what is and isn't a business level laptop - the Lenovo Z50 isn't one.

(I'm writing this on a Dell XPS.)

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
    Ive got a Lenovo Z50. Its crap. The keyboard is crap, it misses 'x' key and others unless given a hefty shove. The sound is abysmal and the left touchpad button went sticky after a couple of months use so had to switch the functionality to the right button instead.

Go Asus. I would.
    My expericence is with Thinkpads, it's there in my post. It says TP and also Thinkpads. They are what I have used. They are Thinkpads. I cannot speak for the Z series, as I have used THINKPADS.

HTHBIDI.

qh

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Have you not received your Christmas bonus from Admin yet?
    Yes but I can’t cash the postal orders until Tuesday...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    £2600?

Hmm. Just had a look - the XPS 15 9560 is still nearly a grand less than the MBP I was considering.
    Have you not received your Christmas bonus from Admin yet?

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    I bought a refurbished Dell XPS 15 9560 and I must say I'm over the moon with it, the 4K screen is superb and it is definitely what I would class as a premium machine.

Leave a comment:

• washed up contractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Snarf View Post
    I've got a Lenovo and a Dell at the moment and they are both brilliant.

Lenovo is a bit lacking on ports but other than that is fine.

It depends how much you are looking at spending but I'd suggest a Dell XPS 13... But your looking at apple money for that!
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    My Lenovo TP T420s (bought direct from offal site) lasted 4 years before battery started to not charge properly (ie 40 mins before it needed charging again.)

Bought TP T450s 18 months ago and can't complain. Have purchased the 9 cell battery and get around 7/8 hours if I'm not hammering the CPU. Reviews for the T460s were poor having sacrificed battery life for the slimline , ultrabook look.

The T470s is out now but not checked any reviews so far. I like the ThinkPad build as it's a bit rugged, I'm such a clumsy fecker I drop everything.

qh

Go Asus. I would.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

It depends how much you are looking at spending but I'd suggest a Dell XPS 13... But your looking at apple money for that!
    £2600?

Hmm. Just had a look - the XPS 15 9560 is still nearly a grand less than the MBP I was considering.

Leave a comment:

• ContractorBanking
    replied

I'll second that. Dell XPS is a beautiful machine and well built. I've had mine for nearly 18 months and never had an issue.

Leave a comment:

• jds 1981
    replied
    If you're happy with dell then the outlet site can have bargains. My current laptop is from there.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by tiggat View Post
    got a laptop from there once, id expect it to last no more than 3 years
    And that’s my problem. My MBP is 7 years old.

But I’ve just upgraded to High Sierra and it’s like I’ve just given it a large snort of coke and a fire up its jacksie.

So I’ll be putting off a new purchase for a little while longer.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I went ASUS until about 6 years ago. Since then, I've been HP and very happy with them. YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Dell outlet does have decent deals if you are careful over what you buy.

The business latitude machines should last 3 years mine always have and the 2 I bought the twins last year are still in perfect nick

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    My Lenovo TP T420s (bought direct from offal site) lasted 4 years before battery started to not charge properly (ie 40 mins before it needed charging again.)

Bought TP T450s 18 months ago and can't complain. Have purchased the 9 cell battery and get around 7/8 hours if I'm not hammering the CPU. Reviews for the T460s were poor having sacrificed battery life for the slimline , ultrabook look.

The T470s is out now but not checked any reviews so far. I like the ThinkPad build as it's a bit rugged, I'm such a clumsy fecker I drop everything.

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 28 December 2017, 16:49.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X