• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What Not To Do As A Landlord"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    This is becoming objectionable and so is duly censored.

Feel free to carry it on in the EDL forum.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I think this thread has had its day.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by GJABS View Post
    Which is exactly the censorship of Orwellian political correctness. Suppression of the public discussion of things that those saying them have found to be the objective truth.
    Are you saying Indians and Pakistanis smell of curry?

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    then you don't mention it out loud.
    Which is exactly the censorship of Orwellian political correctness. Suppression of the public discussion of things that those saying them have found to be the objective truth.

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    Um he is worth a quarter of a billion pounds you know.
    That is not what he is worth. He is worth considerably less when you take outstanding mortgages on the properties into account.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    What if the statement is true?
    then you don't mention it out loud in the same way that you wouldn't do it if you were polite and talking to them in person....

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You were banned because you were proven to be as thick as the landlord. We aren't in the 1970s anymore so if you label people from two nationalities as smelly curry eaters don't expect to get away with it.
    What if the statement is true?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Um he is worth a quarter of a billion pounds you know. You don't get to be that rich in today's world without being pretty smart.
    While becoming rich does indeed have some connection with intelligent, there are plenty of people who have become very rich who aren't that bright (they made it through luck, connections, psychopathic tendencies etc...), and there are plenty of very smart people who are not rich.

Anyone who defends themselves in court has a fool for a client.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Um he is worth a quarter of a billion pounds you know. You don't get to be that rich in today's world without being pretty smart.
    Apparently you do.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    You were banned because you were proven to be as thick as the landlord. We aren't in the 1970s anymore so if you label people from two nationalities as smelly curry eaters don't expect to get away with it.
    High horse.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Smart enough to put down a racist statement in an email and then to represent himself in court.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Back after your 24-hour ban.

Well OK it was a racist thing to say, just. On a technicality.
    I only said it because I was miffed at the jip that I was getting off you, SasGuru, and SueEllen!

I think this political correctness and anti-racism at the level it is nowadays is completely bonkers and only serves to stifle reasonable and thoughtful debate. Why do you lot stay involved in it? Gee..

I suppose I better colour my plane something other than white, to stay on the right side of the PC laws.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

I only said it because I was miffed at the jip that I was getting off you, SasGuru, and SueEllen!

I think this political correctness and anti-racism at the level it is nowadays is completely bonkers and only serves to stifle reasonable and thoughtful debate. Why do you lot stay involved in it? Gee..

I suppose I better colour my plane something other than white, to stay on the right side of the PC laws.
    Well I didn't think it was racist, but clearly Nat was right in this case. I would ban you again because you are stinking up General and that's a hard thing to do, I know I've tried.

Leave a comment:

• GJABS
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Let me see now. Racist or not... I'm going with racist comment. Take some time off. And when you're back, wind your neck in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X