• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Things that make you feel old"

Collapse

• BR14
    replied
    mostly REXX now, wiv a bit of HLASM for seasoning

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Cool story bro...
    Why? Do I look younger?

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    And it's worse when your group ends in 'And Above'....
    Many of our CUK colleagues are well used to the 'And Below' group for their mental age.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    I've started with BASIC. Jesus, I'm so old.
    Cool story bro...

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    first language i used was ALGOL, then Fortran V then BAL
    I've started with BASIC. Jesus, I'm so old.

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    first and only language for me is Pascal

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    That'll be the bladder problems, I guess. You have my sympathy.
    A pretty piss poor one, all be told

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
    Sure-fire sign is when there are age brackets - the sense of doom when having to select the next grouped ages
    And it's worse when your group ends in 'And Above'....

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    No more Morning Glory...
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Speak for yourself
    That'll be the bladder problems, I guess. You have my sympathy.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    What happened to PL1?

I have just spent quite a while upgrading the little business website to mySQLi, plus eliminating various other deprecated warnings. Pissed me off. Why can't I just do the damn thing in Fortran IV with lots of GOTOs? It worked fine.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    What happened to PL1?

I have just spent quite a while upgrading the little business website to mySQLi, plus eliminating various other deprecated warnings. Pissed me off. Why can't I just do the damn thing in Fortran IV with lots of GOTOs? It worked fine.

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I feel old when I have to input my DOB using sliding dial thingies having to keep scrolling to get the year - and scroll some more...
    Sure-fire sign is when there are age brackets - the sense of doom when having to select the next grouped ages

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I remember taking the misses nephew and his girlfriend to Liverpool for a visit.

I jokingly pointed out a house and said that's where John Lennon used to live. They had no idea, not a freaking clue who he was.
    Imagine...

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    I remember taking the misses nephew and his girlfriend to Liverpool for a visit.

I jokingly pointed out a house and said that's where John Lennon used to live. They had no idea, not a freaking clue who he was.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I started on MVS, then VM, then VAX, then PCs. Nowadays it's all on the cloud, innit? It got smaller and smaller and finally disappeared.
    Me too and still do (apart from the VAX). Currently working with this: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...mainframe_z14/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X