• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where do you Work From "Home""

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I can't believe you lot, you are all contractors working on the kitchen table. Us poor permies with purpose built offices at home..
    Stopping their families from getting obese so saving on health and care costs.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I can't believe you lot, you are all contractors working on the kitchen table. Us poor permies with purpose built offices at home..
    Saving £££ at MarkyMark towers (LOL), as I want a large deposit prior to buying anything (£300K+).

May actually be worth me buying somewhere in the next 12 months or so, as I predict prices are going to go down

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    no very impersonal from experience, she needs to warm her hands as well!
    I asked her to wrap her hands in ice 30 minutes prior to your brief visit.

Glad you noticed the extra effort

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Similar situation, I have the table in the lounge.

Mrs. has complained about running her two business's from her bedroom.
    Not personal services BTW
    no very impersonal from experience, she needs to warm her hands as well!

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Dining room, much to the vexation of Mrs qh but I'll be staying put until the garage is converted.

qh
    Similar situation, I have the table in the lounge.

Mrs. has complained about running her two business's from her bedroom.
    Not personal services BTW

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Dining room, much to the vexation of Mrs qh but I'll be staying put until the garage is converted.

qh

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Sometimes the hot tub. When on the phone, face down on the masseuse's table.

Actually, I've got one of those log cabins, too. Works really well. Put in a toilet, a fridge, a microwave, a kettle, a bed for a quick afternoon nap when CUK is boring. It works great, and is big enough to have a couple people working with me when that makes since.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLoveBucket View Post
    My oak panelled dining room doubles nicely as the boardroom. Have to keep the door shut though or the cats come and sit on my keyboard.
    They are helping you work....

Leave a comment:

• MrLoveBucket
    replied
    My oak panelled dining room doubles nicely as the boardroom. Have to keep the door shut though or the cats come and sit on my keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    I've been looking at this company to get one plonked into my Garden.

Would you recommend them as a company?
    Yeah, I looked at Booth's garden studios first, but they didn't really seem interested. Didn't return my calls etc. Green retreats turned up when they said and did the job. Can't complain really....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Ever heard of the KISS principle....?

What's supporting the other 3 legs?

Also my desk is 12 feet long, the whole point was not to lift the entire desk just the keyboard and monitors

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I built a manual adjustable height desk a while back out of a few bits'n'bobs including one of those trays for eating breakfast in bed.

However while it only takes 30s or so to switch between modes, it's a bit of a faff and quite physical so I got out of the habit.

I'd love a proper system but object to what they cost. Wish I had the electrical nous to build one... maybe one day...
    IKEA hacks or whatever that bloody website is called.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Kitchen for me. I wouldn't like to be stuck upstairs and the living room is for relaxing and I like the divide.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I built a manual adjustable height desk a while back out of a few bits'n'bobs including one of those trays for eating breakfast in bed.

However while it only takes 30s or so to switch between modes, it's a bit of a faff and quite physical so I got out of the habit.

I'd love a proper system but object to what they cost. Wish I had the electrical nous to build one... maybe one day...
    Ever heard of the KISS principle....?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X