• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Alt Facts

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Alt Facts"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I bet old Farage is probably on hand to advise Trump (probably under his desk) on what to say
    What? Smoking a cigar, more like doing a Monica with a little orange cigarillo.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I'd give him 9 out of 10 for his first week. He is sticking to what he said he would do and seems to be cracking on with his agenda. He also is meeting our PM on Friday, the FIRST world leader to meet president Trump. Excellent.
    I bet old Farage is probably on hand to advise Trump (probably under his desk) on what to say

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Apart from the random insult generator what else did you get for XMas?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I'd give him 9 out of 10 for his first week. He is sticking to what he said he would do and seems to be cracking on with his agenda. He also is meeting our PM on Friday, the FIRST world leader to meet president Trump. Excellent.
    Idiot

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    The wall. It'll be 4m high, paid for by the Mexicans... parts'll be wire fence... the other bits from lego... it'll be a painted line... that the US will pay for... marked on maps...
    The Mexicans have already started retaliating: Der Postillon: Mexiko beginnt, riesige Tunnel an der Grenze zu den USA zu graben

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    The wall. It'll be 4m high, paid for by the Mexicans... parts'll be wire fence... the other bits from lego... it'll be a painted line... that the US will pay for... marked on maps...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I see that he is allowing the Dakota oil pipeline to go ahead which is going to cause more friction. Interesting that he owned shares in the company that is to do the work and although he has said they have been sold/transferred there is no proof of that. Interesting that it is also a Canadian company which will be doing the work and at the end of the day, it will only provide 35 full time jobs. Bloke is a total dick...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    There are exceptions. Political appointees aren't included (i.e. positions that Trump and his team nominate), it gives freedom to the Office of Personnel Management to make individual exceptions and, most importantly, there are broad exceptions for the military, national security, and public safety. I would guess that the immigration hires come under public safety. But, essentially, you're correct, there's no contradiction.
    Immigration comes under National Security, hence his announcing the wall bulltulip on the day he visited the DHS

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I saw a couple of anti-Trump memes about this. Without knowing the US system, I'd rather thought that the first order stopped agencies from hiring on their own authority, but he has direct authority to command hiring in specific cases which overrides this. In which case it's not a contradiction at all, the ruling is simply "you can't hire without my personal say-so"?
    There are exceptions. Political appointees aren't included (i.e. positions that Trump and his team nominate), it gives freedom to the Office of Personnel Management to make individual exceptions and, most importantly, there are broad exceptions for the military, national security, and public safety. I would guess that the immigration hires come under public safety. But, essentially, you're correct, there's no contradiction.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Yesterday we were told that an executive order had been signed in the US banning federal agencies from hiring.

Today we are told that an executive order has been signed in the US for 10,000 immigration officials to be hired.

Which executive order Trumps the other, or is it one of those things where we shouldn't take words literally?
    I saw a couple of anti-Trump memes about this. Without knowing the US system, I'd rather thought that the first order stopped agencies from hiring on their own authority, but he has direct authority to command hiring in specific cases which overrides this. In which case it's not a contradiction at all, the ruling is simply "you can't hire without my personal say-so"?

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    In Trumpton, no-one can hear you scream...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Yesterday we were told that an executive order had been signed in the US banning federal agencies from hiring.

Today we are told that an executive order has been signed in the US for 10,000 immigration officials to be hired.

Which executive order Trumps the other, or is it one of those things where we shouldn't take words literally?
    In Trumpton, no-one can hear you scream...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    WTFH is the best CUK Mod we've ever had. Period!

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied

It's best not to overthink these things. Or think about them at all, in fact.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X