• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cash Buyers from London"

Collapse

• NigelJK
    replied
    Although Private Eye is currently on the case of one scheme in Liverpool whereby the 'investor' looks sham.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
    There was an article on Midlands Today (aka what's happened in Birmingham as nowhere else in the Midlands exists) that proudly boasted of the amount of Chinese investing in Birmingham.

I just think they got on the wrong plane and ended up there instead.

Still, you wouldn't have to travel oop North to go the Brum....
    They are deliberately moving outside London because it's cheaper and it is easier to hide. They are also "investing" in Northern UK cities.

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I've heard the same but really can't be arsed travelling up North.
    There was an article on Midlands Today (aka what's happened in Birmingham as nowhere else in the Midlands exists) that proudly boasted of the amount of Chinese investing in Birmingham.

I just think they got on the wrong plane and ended up there instead.

Still, you wouldn't have to travel oop North to go the Brum....

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    this has been happening for the last few years, i have family in San Francisco one is in Real Estate, had a lot of Chinese buyers, buying up property and loss making vineyards @ 10% over asking (talking $30m+)

others work in airport customs and were confiscating $400k in cash from Chinese tourists who didn't even want the money back

there was a bbc business daily podcast last week talking about China's capital flight, interesting listen
    Here it is - BBC World Service - Business Daily, China's Capital Flight featuring a professional money mule

Lots of Chinese buyers here in the NYC area when I have been looking around.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Filthy,

how many families do you have ?

Milan.
    including / excluding your kids?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    You're not welcome round here anyway with your stupid fecking beards and your uppity women.
    You can't grow a beard either? It's OK, just accept it and move on.

If you'd like to direct the rich Londoners to have a bidding war over the house I'm trying to sell in Cornwall then feel free

Leave a comment:

• Pip in a Poke
    replied
    wot?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Filthy,

Milan.
    his dad had a bike
    Last edited by vetran; 24 January 2017, 10:53.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Ah, but - I hear Manchester is the new London. Don't tell anyone.
    I've heard the same but really can't be arsed travelling up North.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
    this has been happening for the last few years, i have family in San Francisco one is in Real Estate, had a lot of Chinese buyers, buying up property and loss making vineyards @ 10% over asking (talking $30m+)

others work in airport customs and were confiscating $400k in cash from Chinese touristswho didn't even want the money back

there was a bbc business daily podcast last week talking about China's capital flight, interesting listen

Filthy,

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Not long spent €30k on my rented property. Them London lot sound like tight gits.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Ah, but - I hear Manchester is the new London. Don't tell anyone.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Then the ex-Londoner's move out here and push up prices with their big pot of unicorn piss.

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I was watching some documentary last night. Apparently the UK is third on the list of Chinese buyers buying property abroad after the US and Australia.

However they now don't want to buy in London as the Chinese government is going around arresting people they find who have smuggled money out abroad.

The Chinese aren't allowed to take enough money to buy a property in a tulip place in the UK out in a year so if they can purchase multi-million pound properties with cash they are up to no good.

others work in airport customs and were confiscating $400k in cash from Chinese touristswho didn't even want the money back

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I was watching some documentary last night. Apparently the UK is third on the list of Chinese buyers buying property abroad after the US and Australia.

However they now don't want to buy in London as the Chinese government is going around arresting people they find who have smuggled money out abroad.

The Chinese aren't allowed to take enough money to buy a property in a tulip place in the UK out in a year so if they can purchase multi-million pound properties with cash they are up to no good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X