• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The collective

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The collective"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    £1,200 a month for a bed in a tower block ! Jaysus

Methinks someone's making a lot of money out of them.....
    If it's anywhere near central London that sounds about right!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Ah, so a separate little island they think is safe.
    Owned & operated by someone who lives elsewhere. I feel their pain.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I think the whole building will be a 'safe space'

and by 'safe' i mean 'completely unconnected to the reality the rest of us live in'
    Ah, so a separate little island they think is safe.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    There's a few of those around here.
    You mean the ones who ignore the majority vote and spend their days saying saying "You will regret this you cretins"?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You mean the Mods?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Indeed but oddly enough the scruffy bastard also tend to be the obstinate one that won't move however much they are hated by the rest of the community.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And no mention of a "safe place" either. For that sort of money it ought to be included.
    I think the whole building will be a 'safe space'

and by 'safe' i mean 'completely unconnected to the reality the rest of us live in'

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Indeed no doubt the snowflakes will need counselling after that.
    And no mention of a "safe place" either. For that sort of money it ought to be included.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    I have a funny feeling these snowflakes will form a committee and then ask a grown up to ask the scruffy one to leave.
    They'll vote the scruffy one out so that they can have their own way, who cares that they are clueless snowflakes, as long as they get their own way and to pot with the consequences.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Indeed but oddly enough the scruffy bastard also tend to be the obstinate one that won't move however much they are hated by the rest of the community.
    Indeed no doubt the snowflakes will need counselling after that.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I have a funny feeling these snowflakes will form a committee and then ask a grown up to ask the scruffy one to leave.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Bet it won't be much fun when they get that one scruffy bastard in that makes everyone's life a misery that seems to appear in most shared accommodation.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Bet it won't be much fun when they get that one scruffy bastard in that makes everyone's life a misery that seems to appear in most shared accommodation.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    It's a pretty sad state of affairs because really this just accommodation for those who have done well at school with qualifications but have never actually had to live.

These people will also be coming to a junior exec board near you -what could possible go wrong?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    ...In reality this type of living has been around for ages apart from including the having to share your living area, eating area and bathroom with a complete stranger...
    FTFY. Also common in the early 1900s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X