• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you like conspiracy theories?"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Why anyone would want to watch the Queen's speech I have no idea. They should show an episode of Embarrassing Bodies instead.

beating up old ladies is not something I approve of
    Awful I know but we've all done it.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Anyone heard the latest one about Queenie being dead?

(A bit harsh on Phil, who sounded quite perky by all accounts.)

Well, based on the BBC headline, I wouldn't be surprised:

"Sherlock beats the Queen"

I didn't bother reading the rest, but beating up old ladies is not something I approve of.

(Sherlock beats the Queen - BBC News)

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Thing in the DT is interesting:

Dear Graham Norton: 'My son's belief in conspiracy theories is harming our relationship'

Not sure that's all that unusual. On Boxing day the family were discussing a relative who seems rather obsessed with conspiracy theories, it's his main topic of conversation.

Some conspiracy theories are pretty daft, I can't imagine the Holocaust for example, given the scale, time and number of witnesses involved could seriously be faked. On the other hand, given human nature, I also can't seriously imagine that those with power and influence don't try and fake, cover up, or worse, to suit their agendas.

So what conspiracy theories do you lot find most convincing?
    For me, the most convincing conspiracy theory it's Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post

Look, love, I've enough on with Charles calling every 5 minutes to check how things are without you stirring the pot.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Did a year in Dublin, certainly where I was in Sandyford the pubs few and far between! Even in the City no more than anywhere else. Temple Bar touristy, I used to decamp in the Porterhouse near Trinity, one spectacular afternoon next to three French lasses when it was France - England in RU, France winning all the way, England won in the end, and I said to these girls proudly, "I'm ENGLISH!!'

One of them said 'I know!!' and blanked me. Bitch...

On New years eve I was walking down Grafton Street, not many if any pubs along there, totally packed, totally impossible to see 12 inches in front of you, totally didn't see this bollard, totally almost ripped my considerable bollocks off.

That hurt.....

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I heard a theory that there is a route you can walk through Dublin that doesn't go past a pub.
    Inconceivable.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I heard a theory that there is a route you can walk through Dublin that doesn't go past a pub.
    Don't believe it

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    No mention of the Mandela Effect yet? Disappointing.
    we are freeing the Mods ??? eek

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    No mention of the Mandela Effect yet? Disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Some say there's a conspiracy to replace all the Mods on CUK with idiots....
    Will we notice the difference...?

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Some say there's a conspiracy to replace all the Mods on CUK with idiots....
    Watch out Admin, Cojak & WTFH!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Enough of them here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-imminent.html

Leave a comment:

Working...
X