• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cutting corporation tax will make Theresa May's Brexit talks 'more difficult'"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Yes, that was in FB2016, voted on last week. TBH, this pledge from Gidiot always sounded a bit improbable - a last "look at me" on his way out. Hammond is a fiscal hawk and was unlikely to go along with it.
    Probably the nicest thing he's been called outside of Downing Street.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    That's a bit of a misleading headline - we're still getting the cut to 17pc.
    Yes, that was in FB2016, voted on last week (1% next year, a further 2% in April 2020). TBH, this pledge from Gidiot always sounded a bit improbable - a last "look at me" on his way out. Hammond is a fiscal hawk and was unlikely to go along with it.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    AtW. Wad I tell ya?

Chancellor dismantles key Osborne pledge to cut corporation tax

In other news, a suggested increase in the dividend tax is not just a suggestion.
    That's a bit of a misleading headline - we're still getting the cut to 17pc.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    He asked for MF to be banned - requesting a poster is banned is a bannable offence
    As is deliberate circumvention of the swearing filter, but that one seems to have gone unnoticed
    Last edited by DaveB; 12 September 2016, 09:49.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I think it's more he started a thread doing it. You can ask in random threads as much you want
    Go ahead - I think the results may not be what you expect although you'll have plenty of time to think things over.

From memory asking for someone to be banned anywhere is a bannable offence.
    I think you've got that confused with insulting a poster. You can do that merrily in a thread, Starting one to insult someone is not allowed (it's not a hard and fast rule though then some people (MF) are fair game).

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    He asked for MF to be banned - requesting a poster is banned is a bannable offence
    I think it's more he started a thread doing it. You can ask in random threads as much you want

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Yeah, just spotted that.

What unspeakably heinous act did he commit?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    he not answer for long time now
    Yeah, just spotted that.

What unspeakably heinous act did he commit?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    AtW. Wad I tell ya?

In other news, a suggested increase in the dividend tax is not just a suggestion.

he not answer for long time now

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    AtW. Wad I tell ya?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    I've always wondered if one day the Germans wake up and find themselves siding with us against the French what the outcome would be. There was a peice a while back where it was suggested that Mitterrand and Cole colluded together to entrap the UK in the EU to fund their own plans.
    Simple in weeks the only beach towels on loungers in the South of France would be a Jack or Bundesflagge.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    I've always wondered if one day the Germans wake up and find themselves siding with us against the French what the outcome would be. There was a peice a while back where it was suggested that Mitterrand and Cole colluded together to entrap the UK in the EU to fund their own plans.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    They were also mentioned in the 'Mediterranean alliance' basically France and Northern Africa as a trading block to take on Germany.
    No-one can take on Germany. Unless it is War....

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    They were also mentioned in the 'Mediterranean alliance' basically France and Northern Africa as a trading block to take on Germany.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Being as Germany and France would also be members I doubt that will ever happen.
    France wasn't on the list from memory. Northern Europeans only. Even the Belgians don't want the french.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X